Impact vs TFC

franx

I was wondering this as I was watching tfc's last game....I do agree that mls is higher level than usl....but really, at this moment, do you think tfc would easily beat the impact, a close game.....or an impact win???......i see the impact elite players as good as any tfc players.....but it's so hard to compare.....

franx, Toronto FC played the Charleston Battery and beat them 3-0 in Charleston. I don't think the Impact are as good as Toronto FC.

And I don't think we have seen what some of TFC's players can do. I am pretty sure Ronnie O'Brien will once again be a star in the MLS. Which would mean he would be better then any player on the Impact.

Probably 1-1 at this point. IMO, the Impact have been playing as a team while TFC are

a collection of skilled individuals still getting to know each other. In due time,

TFC would probably defeat the Impact when their cohesion problems are addressed. A change

of personnel on the field (eg. Nagamura out, Dichio in, etc.) will help TFC.

quote:Originally posted by Jamit

franx, Toronto FC played the Charleston Battery and beat them 3-0 in Charleston. I don't think the Impact are as good as Toronto FC.

In-season, the Impact beat Charleston 3-2 last week in what was essentially a 3-1 game (could have been more) which they controlled from start to finish.

The bottom line is until the teams face-off, arguments won't hold much water. How much separates the best USL team from the worst MLS team?

Even when they do face off, TFC will have less motivation to beat up on their USL neighbour (and more reason to have built in excuses if they don't win) than Montreal will to show they deserve much more respect than they are often given. It's not hard to imagine the Impact fielding their best side while TFC pulls much of their starting eleven off at the half, if they play at all, thus deciding nothing of what is ultimately a great debate. I would personally love to see the Whitecaps added and make it a three-game winner-takes-all Canadian club championship, official or not. It's not like it would be that hard to pull-off. I'm sure the Caps would foot the bill to send their boys out to be a part of that sort of event, and it would be great for Canadian soccer. The three games might even sell out if it is promoted correctly.

I'm not sure there is such a big difference in talent for the starting 11 of both teams...I see more depth with TFC, while the impact fills the void with local talent that probably would not get a look from MLS teams...but I can see 6 starters from the impact that would not be out of their league in MLS...again, it's hard to judge since they don't play the same caliber of teams....Just can't wait to see these teams (mtl,vancouver,tfc) play against each other.....rivalry is always good for development of a fan base, not just to show up at the games, but to take interest in other players, transfer, etc....I find it's getting more and more interesting!!

Archived