Next International Transfer Window?

My understanding is that there's one more chance to get some guys over from Europe?

I wonder most about Bernier? His options in Europe are not exactly "elite" given his age. I would assume he's looking for a contract of somewhere in the range of 5,000 quid per week. I assume, given the relative affordability of TO, he might settle for 300K US. So what's the hold-up here. He's a pretty versatile guy. RB, DM, RM, LM, he can do a lot. Except score. ;)

The other guy I wonder about is Andy Hainault. Surely this kid is way better than Boyens. More pace, better in the air, more leadership, etc.

Then there's Issey, our favourite Voyageur Dave Anthony Simpson, and Chris Williams. There's some Canadian depth with some upside.

I was noticing the decent numbers of Canadian players we might be able to bring home too, but for a different reason, something I noticed is that we probably have a second teams worth of quality Canadians should some investors consider making a second canadian MLS franchise.

My list is a little different though, Bernier and issey I would like too (though issey's young so it might be a bad career move, but besides that, grande, Kenny S, Aguiar, Dodds, Placentino, Nsaliwa, Ross Smith, Rayner and serioux could captain. On top of that we still have quite a few U-20's to bring in if we could (although may be a bad career move on their part). All these players could probably be worked into the mls salary cap fairly easily.

I have a question though, has anyone seen Carlos Rivas jr or alex schleer play? the Chilean league and columbia's second division isn't anything to scoffed at and they may be affordable.

Archived