Canucks in Germany - May 2007

Grizzly

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Thos Cottbus jerseys make me want to drink a glass of Orange Crush for some reason.....

You know that East Germany never had the safety standards of the West. Probably there was a Russian built nuclear reactor near Cottbus, hence the name Energie and the radioactive jerseys.

Due to the fact, that FCK has a lot of injured players, Josh needed to play in the left back. He didn´t bad, but we missed his moves on the left side. The draw against Braunschweig was like a defeat, even when you see that Fürth, Freiburg and Rostock all lost their games at home and so they waisted once again the chance to get closer to the promotion spots.

In your comments you missed Daniel Imhof, he played 35 minutes as Bochum beated Hamburg 3:0 at the AOL Arena. It wasn´t his best season, but hde had a lot of problems with injuries. But don´t forget him, when talking about Canucks in Germany...

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by frank

Due to the fact, that FCK has a lot of injured players, Josh needed to play in the left back. He didn´t bad, but we missed his moves on the left side. The draw against Braunschweig was like a defeat, even when you see that Fürth, Freiburg and Rostock all lost their games at home and so they waisted once again the chance to get closer to the promotion spots.

In your comments you missed Daniel Imhof, he played 35 minutes as Bochum beated Hamburg 3:0 at the AOL Arena. It wasn´t his best season, but hde had a lot of problems with injuries. But don´t forget him, when talking about Canucks in Germany...

Franz, tell us about Gekas the Bochum striker, sounds very good, but I have never seen him play. Does he have the stuff to make it on a big club?

Well Gekas was the personalized life insurance for Bochum this year. He scored now 20 goals this season, which is the greece record in German Bundesliga. He signed a 4 year contract with Bayer Leverkusen, their he can show if this season was nine day wonder or he has the ability to make it to a big club.

He is one of these striker who doesn´t need much chances to score, he is dangerous in the area and not to bad with headers. Of course he is one of the stars this season and probably will win the "pichichi" as it´s called in spanish.

Guest Jeffery S.

Well Gekas was the personalized life insurance for Bochum this year. He scored now 20 goals this season, which is the greece record in German Bundesliga. He signed a 4 year contract with Bayer Leverkusen, their he can show if this season was nine day wonder or he has the ability to make it to a big club.

He is one of these striker who doesn´t need much chances to score, he is dangerous in the area and not to bad with headers. Of course he is one of the stars this season and probably will win the "pichichi" as it´s called in spanish.

Thanks Franz, interesting. How do you know the term "pichichi", they don't use that term in Germany do they?

Guest Jeffery S.

ON Saturday Klukowski was subbed out m. 88 as Bruges fell away to Standard Liege 1-0. They are sixth, but repeat this match in the Cup final and still have options to enter into Europe by that route.

Re rumours about Bernier going to Standard, the club seems to be going through a revival (remember this was a great club in the 60s and even earlier), are in the UEFA cup next year, so could be a good experience.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

ON Saturday Klukowski was subbed out m. 88 as Bruges fell away to Standard Liege 1-0. They are sixth, but repeat this match in the Cup final and still have options to enter into Europe by that route.

Re rumours about Bernier going to Standard, the club seems to be going through a revival (remember this was a great club in the 60s and even earlier), are in the UEFA cup next year, so could be a good experience.

Has Belgium been annexed to Germany Jeffrey S.? ;)

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by loyola

Has Belgium been annexed to Germany Jeffrey S.? ;)

How am I supposed to know what thread this is? Will put my Kluka post over on CDNs abroad and you can kill the irony, vale?

Jeffray S I do speak spanish as I have some friends in Barcelona living.

I tried to find the english expression for it, but I could not find a good one. So I thought as you live in Barcelona, you might know it[8D].

With the 1:1 draw at Jena for Kaiserslautern the promotion train left. Another year 2. Liga. But it wasn´t deserved to bad this year.

Gekas yesterday did not score but had an assist in the 1:0 for Bochum.

Guest Jeffery S.

Jeffray S I do speak spanish as I have some friends in Barcelona living.

I tried to find the english expression for it, but I could not find a good one. So I thought as you live in Barcelona, you might know it[8D].

With the 1:1 draw at Jena for Kaiserslautern the promotion train left. Another year 2. Liga. But it wasn´t deserved to bad this year.

Gekas yesterday did not score but had an assist in the 1:0 for Bochum.

Pichichi was the playing name of an Athletic Bilbao player in the teens, Rafael Moreno Aranzadi. When the current Spanish league started in 1929 they used his name to refer to the leading scorer in league play. Now the award is given by the daily Marca, which is sometimes a problem as they don't always coincide with the official scoring: a goal is given as the striker's by the league, and Marca calls it an own goal and takes it away.

In Spain then the current Pichichi is Van Nistelrooy.

How am I supposed to know what thread this is? Will put my Kluka post over on CDNs abroad and you can kill the irony, vale?

ohh don't be a spoil sport, this is about the most perfectly hilarious mistake I've seen in a bit.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Juby

ohh don't be a spoil sport, this is about the most perfectly hilarious mistake I've seen in a bit.

Posting on the wrong thread is hilarious? Your friends must have to put you in a straight jacket when you go out for a drink, you must lose it entirely.

Man, I was just pointing to you that was the wrong thread with a little joke. That's why I put the wink at the end. No way that I wanted to sound arrogant.

Jeffrey, stop being so snotty, it's funny, everyone knows it's a simple mistake, no reason to get riled up. And jeez, were Canadians, everything is the funniest thing I ever heard, you keep up the bad mood and I'll drop a few "are you Canadians, or americans in disguise" lol, (btw I'm just ripping off what copenhagen where chanting at celtic about them being rangers)

Probably in english the best term is "topscorer";), why easy when you you can have the harder way;).

It seems in Spain it´s as exciting as in Germany. Sevilla Real and Barca can win the League, in Germany it´s still Stuttgart with the best chances and Schalke.

Big Kev and Cottbus after a fantastic season pays tribut for their hard relegation fight and lost the second game on the row 0:3 against Bayern Munich

In the Second League Josh has to wait another year for the big jump. A 1:1 draw at Jena buried their last therotical chances for the promotion. Although Josh scored his 3rd game of the season it was not enough. This time Ref helped as the equalizer was off side. All of them in the last minute a Jena defender saved the ball from the line with hand, no penalty and no red card. But we won´t blame him, it was the team who played nearly the hole second half of the campaign under their possibilities.

Nick and Burghausen need to go the hard way to the 3rd League. His future is still up in the air as he only was loan. But his contract was extended in winter, so he probably will return.

Apropo return it looks like St. Pauli and Bourgault come back to the 2. Bundesliga. It looks good for the Kietzkicker.

yes, Niklas scored the equalizer in the 90th minute. Unfortunatelly it wasn´t enough and it came to late to help Burghausen not relegate. Nevertheless it was a very nice one, 30 meter shut in the angel.

I think that he will return to 1860 Munich, as they extended his contract in the winter break.

Josh was sent through and went one on one with the keeper. The keeper took him out. It looks like he has a serious knee injury. Will know more tomorrow. The final score was 2:2 vs FC Koln.

Archived