Drums vs Singing

Guest speedmonk42

No I have always said that the Star is the leader as far as creating interest is concerned. If I want something I need the star. They have the largest readership. No Star no interest. I really believe that the Star realized that the Globe was doing an outstanding job in reporting on soccer and Canadian Soccer in particular. It is kind of funny that the only paper in Canada that showed in increase in readership was the Globe.So your statement of not reading the Star anymore makes a lot of sense. But I also believe that we must keep them informed as well as remind them as many times as possible that we do exist and that we demand equal opportunity.The Star with that challence probably surrendered and finally totally broke down, which makes me more than anyone else in Canada feel very good and in game terns 1-0. The Star must be keptm on our side and we must accept that challence. We must,must do this.I know and know so well.Once we get the Star that recognition than the other papers have to come up with something just as challenzing. Hey we can create a paper war for the attention of the soccer fans and guess who wins.

quote:Originally posted by dbailey62

Do you mean the Toronto Star, the paper than you have insulted and ridiculed time upon time here on these forums? Or do you now deny ever doing so? Or have you somehow forgotten? [:o)]

It must be because you did such a good job stripping the credibility from that newspaper, so good in fact that none of us read it anymore.

Challenge? What challenge?

db

David, I am flabbergasted, absolutely flabbergasted, that you would make such a... ah, nevermind!

quote:Originally posted by JayWay

David, I am flabbergasted, absolutely flabbergasted, that you would make such a... ah, nevermind!

Hey Jaa Way,just looked at your profile and you show nothing at all, what are you hiding. People like you are a menace.

If I'm hiding, I'm doing a fairly poor job of it.

Let's see here. I'm a member of the U-Sector. I'm a TFC season ticket holder. I'm from Toronto.

Gee, where would someone find an individual fitting that description?

BMO, maybe? 113, even? How about the Sheaf?

If you're so eager to meet me, John, it doesn't take much to track me down.

I'm flabbergasted you don't realize that.

quote:Originally posted by speedmonk42

That is funny.

Good on them for getting out creating something and supporting the team.

But I would substitute muli-cultural with limited-cultural, it might be more accurate. No organization that claims to represent a limited group of people could legitimately call itself multicultural. Now that organization may participate in multi-cultural events, but it doesn't make it a multi cultural group.

I think they would do better being a supporters group with a theme rather than claim to be representing a certain group of people. The groups they claim to represent have so little in common it is almost comedic.

Not sure why I feel like being a wanker and splitting hairs over this.

I hope they succeed, get people out and have a good time.

The scuttlebut is that they were actually helped and encouraged by MLSE to organise. I'm not so sure this was very successful, because it doesnt seem like they were really in tune with the pulse of the Supporters section. I myself didnt even hear them. I do believe that Usector was in touch with them before the match to discuss aims etc, so there are lines of communication open.

Johntv, I ve met you before, your a nice guy, but who cares who you know or jammed with in a band? Lets keep this on topic please.

Hey guys we are talking about drums and rhythm and that is one of me fortees. Just hit that skin without taking in that feeling of timing makes no sense. i am trying to help guide and motivate. Drums are at the stadium let's do it right.Lets hit it when you know it would be great.Life is all about timing and this applies as well.

Guest speedmonk42

That was a good definition of cultural compromise. Have the guys associated with Latin, Caribbean and African support learn to sing the "white guys" songs and not drum so much. No mention of how the singers might contribute to this idea of compromise, unless I missed it. Clever.

-----------------------

I think he was just writing that what they have in common are the drum rythms. I don't think he was implying any kind of cultural imperialism.

I think you are overreacting here a bit, unless I am reading it wrong.

I don't see how you can be upset at someone suggesting a coordination efforts.

I find it rather hilarious that one supporter group is worried that another might drown them out, and would even go so far as to try to get them to shut up at times. Isn't that sort of childish? Or if not childish, sort of exactly the opposite principle that these groups claim to be preaching?

-----------------------------

No supporters group has said this.

I said I now understood what one poster on this forum mentioned in another thread about drums vs singing. I love drums, but I do now get what the guy was talking about. I had never seen the two before at the same time.

Thats all.

no one is trying to keep anyone down or make people sing 'white' songs, whatever that means.

"Drums VS Singing"

It's all good! I was in Sec 105 (opposite side from the supporters' sec) and sometimes it was the RPB and other times it was the TRN who's singing, chanting and drumming wafted over our way. It was all beautiful and very T.O.[8D]

Archived