TFC - KC April 28th @ BMO Field

jpg75

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

JPG is the guy in charge of making sure the field changes colour during MLS broadcasts. I think he works for the Conspiracy Broadcasting Corporation.

If there was Rep. on this board you'd be getting lots of it!! :D

I work for a website based out of Indiana. He's mostly youth and college oriented, but he decided to start doing MLS coverage this year. It's only the second time i've worked for him, the first time i covered the CAN-US U20 at the Rogers Centre last summer. I'll be doing this all season and also some of the WYC games for the US including the US-BRA in Ottawa and any games in Toronto if they make it this far.

Hello all,

been a while since I stopped in, but Saturday's experience still has me buzzing. We left Ottawa at 6:30 am and made it to the stadium at about 11. Everything about the place was top class. What a jewel for Canadian soccer, that BMO field. Here's to hoping the Vancouvers and Montreals of the world can follow suit (and let's get some pressure on our governments to help out just like they did for Toronto).

I don't even care that TFC sucks right now. I'm just so happy that we finally have some top class soccer back in the country. I came back last night and the first thing I did was check for tickets for the next game. Guess I'm out of luck. If anybody is selling, I'm buying. This could turn out to be an expensive summer with lots of road trips. Worth every penny if the atmosphere continues to kick ass.

TFC has set the bar high for atmosphere and support and really showed the rest of the MLS what is possible. I have no doubt the support will continue and grow. There is some real magic happening here and, rest assured, the quality of the team will catch up. This is an expansion team and soon many good Canadian players will want to come home to play in front of a passionate Canadian crowd. I am sure many MLS fans in other cities are having their fun (great support for a bad team) at our expense but soon they will want to emulate what is happening in TO (and Canada). As a long time supporter of soccer in Canada these are the most exciting times (the CSA/coaching debacle aside).

I don't want to sound like a copy-cat, but I thought you lot at the game were absolutely magnificent, and set the standard for how a game should feel in this country. The Whitecaps and Impact have a long way to go before they get to that point. I found myself begging for Toronto to score just to HEAR what would happen.

I'm just not sure if a 70 million dollar should shake that much!

I also echo the comments of many here that CBC's presentation was magnifencent. Nigel is the perfect choice and will improve over time. To get cross promotion during the Stanley Cup is also a great move by our mother corp. We have Mr Moore to thank for that!

Finally managed to watch CBC's archived video of the game last night. Much better performance finally. There is a glimmer of hope for the future :-)

Toronto fans were awesome btw, well done guys. Hope you can sustain the enthusiasm.

It was a very entertaining match. Any game that get's me yelling at the TV, gets top marks. CBC did a first class on the commentary. I doubt we could find a better duo anywhere, and that was only their first match.

I will be travelling to TO for the May 11 U-20 Canada-Argentina match, then off to BMO Field for the May 12 TOFC-Chicago Fire game. Hard to believe I will be watching history in the making, as TOFC registers their first ever goal and first ever victory ! :)

quote:Originally posted by Mimglow

Hello all,

been a while since I stopped in, but Saturday's experience still has me buzzing. We left Ottawa at 6:30 am and made it to the stadium at about 11. Everything about the place was top class. What a jewel for Canadian soccer, that BMO field. Here's to hoping the Vancouvers and Montreals of the world can follow suit (and let's get some pressure on our governments to help out just like they did for Toronto).

I don't even care that TFC sucks right now. I'm just so happy that we finally have some top class soccer back in the country. I came back last night and the first thing I did was check for tickets for the next game. Guess I'm out of luck. If anybody is selling, I'm buying. This could turn out to be an expensive summer with lots of road trips. Worth every penny if the atmosphere continues to kick ass.

Good to see you, Mimglow.

Did you pop over to the Sheaf following the game? If so, I must've missed you.

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

It was a very entertaining match. Any game that get's me yelling at the TV, gets top marks. CBC did a first class on the commentary. I doubt we could find a better duo anywhere, and that was only their first match.

I will be travelling to TO for the May 11 U-20 Canada-Argentina match, then off to BMO Field for the May 12 TOFC-Chicago Fire game. Hard to believe I will be watching history in the making, as TOFC registers their first ever goal and first ever victory ! :)

Did you know that any pro team in Toronto's pro soccer history all lost their first four games. The only exception to TFC record is that they have the record sofar of not having score a goal.So Winnipeg,just beacouse you travel all the way from wp, I will make sure that we score a goal,just guaranteed,believe me.

If not we will blame it on the western curse meaning you alone.

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

Give me a call when you arrive in Toronto and I'll let you know the full details of the pre and post match festivities.

I was at the game on Saturday having travelled over from th UK for the game (and i am English, but a big Candain Soccer fan)& plenty of hope for the future for TFC. With the backing of the superb fans the team can and will go places. Decent first half not as good second half but Mo will get it right. Just keep backing the guys and they will come right.

T-O-R, O-N-T, O,O,O, TFC.

Archived