CB - Boyens

CB - Brennan

LM - Welsh

RM - Nagamura

CM - Robinson

CM - Edu

ST - Eskandarian

ST - Dichio

Boyens to start because Reda is injured, and was playing injured against KC midweek. Pozniak also injured. O'Brien could play 30 minutes, depending how the game is going (where in midfield does he typically play anyway?)

Besides Boyens for Reda, the only other changes are Dichio for Buddle and switching Edu to the middle and Nagamura out to the right flank. This is pure speculation on my part, but I wonder if Nagamura is a better crosser than Edu and the idea of having them switch roles is to feed Dichio?

Nagamura showed a lot of improvement today, I am more impressed with him so far. Welsh has been better also. Our midfield has been overall better in the first 60 minutes. However still no goals and our defense is still making crucial errors sometimes.

Agreed. I thought the broadcast was good. A few too many times they stayed with a camera shot away from the play which was ongoing, but the commentators were good and I thought especially Craig wasn't afraid to speak his mind about letting players compete for the ball, and was critical of the team at the right times.

I honestly only caught about ten minutes (saw esky break two defenders and send in a nice pass at the box) but the english commentator seemed to be terrible, I might have watched a bad 10 minutes but It was like listening to golf, forrest was fine but honestly, playing puns on Marvell Wynne name is so pathetic it's painful to listen too.

Back to the game, I thought Dichio made many poor turnovers. We have more Brits on the starting team than Canadians. I don't mind the growing pains if we have youngish Canadian players playing. We have some terrible defensive spells and can't score. We are easily the favorite to finish last in the league. Our midfield was a little better.

quote:Also, I think the CBC just did the best telecast in the whole history of MLS. It beat the crap out ESPN's "Let's teach Americans the game" model.

I agree. The coverage was very well done. Nigel Reed did an excellent job (Juby, you picked the wrong ten minutes :)). Forest makes a great colour commentator. The camera angles and distance were spot on. Yes, they did linger on a few shots for a little long, but this was their first broadcast.

HOLD YOUR HEADS HIGH, TORONTO FANS!!! The atmosphere looked electric and the chants and songs were clearly heard.

TFC looked a thousand times better than I had seen in previous matches. Fitness may still be an issue, as they seem to wilt at the hour mark.

Things are moving in a positive direction.

quote:Originally posted by Cooks

That's the biggest issue I think for TFC in the 3 games I've watched. I think fitness can overcome lack of skill if there is enough will and determination and stamina to compete for a full 90 minutes. The lack of fitness is precisely why Johnson scored. The defence was simply too tired to make a proper challenge on the ball.

As for the broadcast, I thought it was cool that the camera had problems with all the shaking in the stadium. They need some better dampening devices if the fans are gonna stamp their feet like that all game.

Congrats to the fans for a wonderful turnout, for massive noise etc. Very impressed. TFC played a much better game, the 1st half in particular, and I think the changes on the field should pay dividends as the team starts to gel. Still wish they'd get Brennan wide left, but I suspect he is filling a hole for the moment. he is willing to take players on, and could create from the left. Buddle sucks ass. Esky works hard and has real quality. Dichio was quite useful, really.

Keep up the great fan support you guys (and gals). TFC will become a very good team before too long.

Great broadcast-right down to listing the home team first on the scoreboard.

TFC played so much better than their first three games. Those of you complaining are now looking for negatives to harp on, and ignoring the differences between today's match and the first three. That strong CB we need would have made even more of a difference, but I was happy to see the effort and the attacking moves by the team. All in all, a good game, despite another loss.

/now where's that goal damnit?

This was the best performance no doubt but one cannot avoid to see some things. We were outshot by a fairly good margin but above all, our defense had some terrible break-downs that TFC was very lucky not to have it be punished. We handed out almost sure goals at times.

Some quick thoughts,

Marvell Wynne has amazing pace, but his crosses were terrible. That needs to be worked on.

Nigel Reed is indeed awesome, but I didn't find him to be that great today. I don't know why, but he seemed to stumble alot with his words.

Great to see the faces of the players at the end. Looks they are giving it their best, and that is all anyone can asks for.

I can not wait until the next game comes around.

Archived