V strategies

knowitall

We are all well aware that the C.S.A. have not been running their affairs as they should. They believe that the mewmbership are there for their benefits and not the other way around. How many free trips and soirees have the C.S.A. Executive(s) been on in the last 12 months and all at the expense of the memberships, when they should have been sorting out the major problems that exist within their organization.

Writing letters is all well and good but will achieve nothing.

What you need are allies, and specifically allies within the media who do not cozy up to the C.S.A. There is only one reporter that I have read in the last 12 months that actually sheds light on the C.S.A. and that is Peter Mallett of the Globe and Mail. He wrote about Pellerud and Hooper, he broke the story on the U20 tournament and the Grand Prix, he broke the sory on Simoes coming to Toronto.

He is the one you should be e-mailing and writing too. You should be urging him to take your letters and e-mails to his sports editor.

You shouls also set up a fund and use that money to retain a good lawyer who has knowledge of soccer and take up your fight within the Courts to request that the Courts Order that the C.S.A. and its Directors adhere to their By-Laws, Rules and Regulations as they are required to do so by Law. That they be forced to be open and accountable to you the soccer membership.

There is nothing like an application before the Courts to get the attention of the media and the C.S.A. would be forced to respond.

There must be one person on this site that knows a good lawyer.

quote:Originally posted by knowitall

We are all well aware that the C.S.A. have not been running their affairs as they should. They believe that the mewmbership are there for their benefits and not the other way around. How many free trips and soirees have the C.S.A. Executive(s) been on in the last 12 months and all at the expense of the memberships, when they should have been sorting out the major problems that exist within their organization.

What you need are allies, and specifically allies within the media who do not cozy up to the C.S.A. There is only one reporter that I have read in the last 12 months that actually sheds light on the C.S.A. and that is Peter Mallett of the Globe and Mail. He wrote about Pellerud and Hooper, he broke the story on the U20 tournament and the Grand Prix, he broke the sory on Simoes coming to Toronto.

He is the one you should be e-mailing and writing too. You should be urging him to take your letters and e-mails to his sports editor.

You shouls also set up a fund and use that money to retain a good lawyer who has knowledge of soccer and take up your fight within the Courts to request that the Courts Order that the C.S.A. and its Directors adhere to their By-Laws, Rules and Regulations as they are required to do so by Law. That they be forced to be open and accountable to you the soccer membership.

There is nothing like an application before the Courts to get the attention of the media and the C.S.A. would be forced to respond.

This is total garbage. take your whining elsewhere

Very good point. I'm sure the letter will be sent to all media outlets, including the Globe. Grizzly , that's what you had in mind right?

You should also set up a fund and use that money to retain a good lawyer who has knowledge of soccer and take up your fight within the Courts to request that the Courts Order that the C.S.A. and its Directors adhere to their By-Laws, Rules and Regulations as they are required to do so by Law. That they be forced to be open and accountable to you the soccer membership.

There must be one person on this site that is a good lawyer.

Anyone here practice law? or know any good lawyers who are soccer fans?

FREE KICK what has your 2261 posts done for the benefit of soccer. I have read your posts and your constant whinging. But I have yet to see you offer a constructive solution.

This is not the 19th Century whereby a group of citizens could take up arms and force the local Sheriff into taking action. This is the 21st Century whereby you go to a Court with reasonable requests and request that they give you what you are requesting.

This is not garbage, this is the rule of law.

All talk and no action is garbage.

the C.S.A. .... They believe that the mewmbership are there for their benefits and not the other way around. How many free trips and soirees have the C.S.A. Executive(s) been on in the last 12 months and all at the expense of the memberships, when they should have been sorting out the major problems that exist within their organization.

Enough of this crap. The problem is the opposite of what you say. its the membership who runs the assylum. Not the other way around. And most of the membership thinks that they're running a baby sitting service.

FREE KICK have you ever read the By-Laws, Rules and Regulations of the C.S.A. and then read the By-Laws, Rules and Regulations of the Provincial organizations, and then read the By-Laws, Rules and Regulations of the organizations below them, and so forth and so forth.

They are all accountable to the C.S.A. and if they fail to adhere to the C.S.A. By-Laws, Rules and Regulations then they can be sanctioned in a number of ways, including expulsion, all of which would be backed up by FIFA.

As for the C.S.A. they also have to be accountable, this is not crap. If you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem and honestly your vitriol, uncontrolled, and totally useless comments are crap.

FREE KICK what has your 2261 posts done for the benefit of soccer. I have read your posts and your constant whinging. But I have yet to see you offer a constructive solution.

Clearly, you have not read my posts. As far as a constructive solution, I am not interested in offerring one and if you would have read my posts you would have drawn that conclusion. This is supporters/fan forum, the less we talk about the politics, the better it is. The more we talk about about it, the more dumbbed down the discussions becomes and we see posts from people that no one has ever met. People who just cowardly hide behind their computer.

FREE KICK have you ever read the By-Laws, Rules and Regulations of the C.S.A. and then read the By-Laws, Rules and Regulations of the Provincial organizations, and then read the By-Laws, Rules and Regulations of the organizations below them, and so forth and so forth.

They are all accountable to the C.S.A. and if they fail to adhere to the C.S.A. By-Laws, Rules and Regulations then they can be sanctioned in a number of ways, including expulsion, all of which would be backed up by FIFA.

As for the C.S.A. they also have to be accountable, this is not crap. If you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem and honestly your vitriol, uncontrolled, and totally useless comments are crap.

If you are a knowitall, then whay are you wasting your time on this forum. Why dont you try to affect change yourself?

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Free kick

This is total garbage. take your whining elsewhere

If you don't understand or it is all too much for you, just keep quiet instead of making yourself look ridiculous. There are debatable points in that post, but nothing that has anything to do with whining, and, unless you are willing to tell us, nothing I see as garbage. The suggestions are more or less in line with types of strategies taken by fans in other nations dissatisfied with their national programs or their home clubs.

I think if you read the CSA By-Laws, you will see the General Membership as defined are, for all intents and purposes, the Provincial Associations plus a few others thrown in.

I disagree with the getting a good lawyer comment. I think there are ways of building support and using the media that are just as effective. It would be interesting to get Simoes to elaborate on his plan and then share that with some big local clubs to show them what might have been. Remember, the money resides at the bottom and if you want to know where the power really is, follow the money.

Let the CSA spend the money on the lawyers. After all, they couldn't agree on who to hire anyway.

quote:Originally posted by Saviola7

When wondering what the CSA budget looks like I noticed they get over a million dollars from sport canada ... comperable to some other sports on the list.

http://www.pch.gc.ca/progs/sc/contributions/2005-2006-2/index_e.cfm

*If* we did want to make some noise, presumably we could write to them to keep the CSA accountable or cut their funding.

I had also alluded to this in an earlier post in another thread. They have to be accountable to someone, and if they're receiving money from a federal ministry there has to be a ROI and justification for those funds.

[:I] Well, there SHOULD be..

Although I agree there are some debatable points in this post, your posts reek of personal agenda.

We're a loosely collected group of individuals aiming for the betterment of soccer in Canada. We have a hard enough time following through with the production of scarves let alone establishing a fund to pursue legal means. Many people have offered suggestions and ways that this group could become better organized, but it has been a slow process.

That being said, I personally get a bit offended when someone just shows up out of the blue trying to push the group in a certain direction, when it's clear to me at least that this person has some sort of personal agenda. It bugs me when someone is trying to use us like pawns, especially if they are trying to push a personal agenda.

Just tell us who you are, and you will gain at least some respect and credibility. Until that time, many on this board might just assume you are another troll poster.

Thats not a horribly bad idea actually. But theres no way in hell we're ever going to find the dough to pay a lawyer, and even if we did some polish dude would probably run off with the money anyway. If there are no other lawyers on this board willing to do this for free, I'll do it for my own personal satisfaction (as soon as I pass the Bar in 2008, of course).

quote:Originally posted by gwallace76

Just tell us who we are, and you will gain at least some respect and credibility for your point of view. Until that time, many on this board might just assume you are another troll poster.

Knowitall claims there was no fourth candidate. CanuckOranje, a longtime poster has stated there was a fourth candidate, also brazilian. Someone want to shed some light on this credibility question?

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

Knowitall claims there was no fourth candidate. CanuckOranje, a longtime poster has stated there was a fourth candidate, also brazilian. Someone want to shed some light on this credibility question?

Maybe I'm wrong but I think CanuckOrange said the guy is talking about didn't make it to the final round or selection.

I posted this on another board

CSA, for whatever their reasons are, don't believe in proactive disclosure.

Last Financial Report made Public was:

2002 Annual Report (.pdf)

The 2002 Canadian Soccer Association Annual Report.

Source:

http://www.canadasoccer.com/eng/docs/AnnualReport2003.pdf

What might be new or interesting news to some is....

CSA received $4,605,459.00 from Canadian Heritage - Sport portfolio.

Grant A

2005-2006 Fiscal year - 4th quarter - as at 2006-02-17 (approx) rec'd a $60,000.00 - Contribution, for the purpose of Sport Support and Hosting

for the period/Multi-Year Project: from 2005/04/01 to 2007/03/31

Source:

http://www.pch.gc.ca/div-dis/Grant-Contribution/detailslist_e.cfm?sDat

Grant B

2006-2007 Fiscal year - 1st quarter - as at 2006-06-23 (approx), rec'd a $345,459.00 - Contribution, for the purpose of Sport Support and Hosting

for the period Multi-Year Project: from 2005/04/01 to 2007/03/31

Source:

http://www.pch.gc.ca/div-dis/Grant-Contribution/details_e.cfm?GrntID=6

Grant C

2006-2007 Fiscal year - 3rd quarter - Date: 2006-12-22 Value: $4,200,000.00 - Contribution, for the purpose of Sport Support and Hosting for the period/Multi-year Project: from 01/04/2006 to 31/03/2008

Source:

http://www.pch.gc.ca/div-dis/Grant-Contribution/details_e.cfm?

So, where are the financials, I want to see where this public money went?

Where are the financials for:

2003?

2004??

2005???

When can we anticipate 2006????

We're in 2007!

What gets up my nose is not only how the government of the day dispenses my tax dollars, but also how totally and completely unaccountable the CSA really is in how they utilize not only my tax dollars care of Sport Canada's contribution, but the levies that they so demand from the grassroots of the game. I expect more, I expect the government to hold the CSA responsible and disclose how, when, what and where the "government's contribution" of $4 million was expensed. But it's not there either!

The CSA can't mandate disclosure of financial information to the provincial bodies, districts and clubs without doing so themselves. By making this information readily available on the web site, the soccer community and other entities (potential sponsors) with a vested interest are better able to hold the association to account. This is a positive.

Is that asking too much?

My thinking is along the lines that the necessity for ongoing and timely financial disclosure strengthens an administration's management by enhancing transparency. As limited as my financial background is, I happen to believe that having a clear understanding of where income is applied on an annual basis is a good thing. Knowing precisely how much money was spent on the various programs every fiscal year offers context in which to assess future budgets and fund programs appropriately to maximise the probability of a program's chances in achieving desirable objectives.

But then I'm highly sceptical of the fart-catchers and the collusion of the multiple inner circles - is the association funding select pet projects - Futsal/Beach Soccer - at the expense of feature programs like the u20 WC; the qualifying efforts of our women's NT; our search for a Technical Director; a head coach for the men's NT; or tune-up games for our NTs? Is the CSA funding junkets for fart-catchers seeking rewards and favours, if so then are we not then approaching issues of corruption and/or conflicts of interest?

I say let's see the income - let's see the expenses, eliminate the unrelated unaudited tidbits and the many cases of unsupported figures and let's review the statements that support clarity, promote confidence and brings meaning to why the CSA should continue to enjoy the position of leading the Canadian soccer community. Such disclosure provides the soccer community with an opportunity to scrutinize, at the click of a mouse, the airline tickets and meal tabs of the top-level administrators, i.e.. meaningless junket vs. legitimate trip.

Fundamentally speaking, any proactive disclosure of expenses would expose lavish spending through routine audit tests, and from what I can tell - this is the concern that various "soccer-people" are afraid of. So the soccer community has every right to be sceptical about the CSA - there appears to be no common reporting practice, making any kind of disclosure difficult to report. This in and of itself is a huge red flag - what's being hidden? Never mind that the theory, let alone the practise of financial oversight is far and away well in the distant past. This ongoing lack of transparency raises not only concerns about competency, but it leads to issues founded in ethical concerns. This is purely a remarkable demonstration of total control and presumption, systemic incompetence - because we are questioning 3 complete fiscal periods of non-disclosure.

If the CSA isn't going to be accountable, and act in a transparent fashion and not position themselves to be responsible fiscal stewards of the association's resources - then I don't think that the CSA should continue to benefit from any further funding!

And I'm letting the bureaucrats and the fart-catchers know this.

anyone else feel like asking questions....

Barrie, Ontario's own -

The Honourable Helena Guergis,

MP Simcoe–Grey (Ontario)

currently Secretary of State (Foreign Affairs and International Trade) (Sport) aka Heritage Canada

House of Commons

Ottawa, Ontario

K1A 0A6

Telephone: (613) 992-4224

Fax: (613) 992-2164

E-Mail: Guergis.H@parl.gc.ca

her Web Site: www.helenaguergis.com

Constituency Offices

96 Victoria Street West PO Box 927

Alliston, Ontario

L9R 1W1

Telephone: (705) 435-1809

Fax: (705) 435-6448

My dear friend knowitall..... for the way you talk and write specially, I know who you are. Did you know about the letter sent to Simoes? Yes, you do, tell the people.. see if you are knowitall! I know you are part and have the vision of the president.

knowitall is THIS THE LIST WHO DID NOT WANT SIMOES IN CANADA:

MONTAGLIANI, TRAFFICANTE,FROM THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTE(THE TRAITORS) MORGAN QUARRY,(team manager, he was gonna be fired as soon Simoes took over), AND THE PRESIDENTS OF THE ONTARIO AND ALBERTA SOCCER ASSOCI.. (BOTH USELESS)

I AM CORRECT?

I have a simpler, less expensive more annoying, maybe over line but maybe a successful idea, if every person who had a problem e-mailed the members of CSA that seemed to be incompetent like 50 times each. each e-mail says briefly, "wow, you really ran the CSA into the crapper, your incompetant, you should resign" fill up all their e-mail accounts for the next couple months, it's kinda mean but it'd work.

btw, I honestly am not all that perturbed by this whole situation (as this is the only post on the issue and I don't have to much of an opinion on it) because at the end of the day I'm a fan and not a politician and all I ask is that the players are truely committed and inspired. I think these issues will probably just solve themselves and aren't solely responsible for our lack of success. but the reason I put this up is cause if your gonna do something, do it right, any involvement of lawyers and the media will just give you guys and the CSA an excercise in jargon and they won't do anything and when the team starts playing well, you'll all stop caring for a while.

Archived