Coaching Situation: An Official Voyageur Protest

Grizzly

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Timely protest indeed...the U17s just got eliminated from any chance to move to the World Championships. I wish our expatriate players decide to stay away from the NT until the CSA (and some provincial associations)get their act together!! Players can vote with their feet, literally...

Guest Jeffery S.

I have sent the letter with a specific introduction to Sport Canada and to the Minister in charge of sports, Helena Guergis. My point to both was that the CSA was not fulfilling the mandate of Sport Canada, which includes enhancing excellence, nor was showing itself publically accountable.

I encourage other Voyageurs to e-mail both with your concerns, the more the merrier, especially with the CSA meeting this week.

To contact the minister:

http://www.pch.gc.ca/pc-ch/min/guergis/contact/index_e.cfm

To contact Sport Canada:

sportcanada@pch.gc.ca

In light of this current action being pursued by the Voyageurs, which I support 100%, it would be interesting to know what kind of clout we represent when addressing outside parties. How can we be weighed collectively? Are we a voice of tens, of hundereds, of thousands? Maybe the U20's provides an opportunity to measure our strength in numbers by the number of games we are going to attend at this summer's championship. Personally, I have bought tickets to three matches. Interested in doing a running total?

the Canadian Soccer Association Annual General Meeting

Intercontinental Hotel, Toronto Centre 7-9 May 2007

InterContinental TORONTO CENTRE

225 FRONT STREET WEST

TORONTO, ON M5V 2X3 CANADA

Hotel Front Desk: 1-416-5971400 | Hotel Fax: 1-416-5978128

Board of Directors / CSA

Executive Committee

President Colin Linford

VP: Victor Montagliani

VP: Dominc Maestracci

Director Finance: Vince Ursini

Director: Angus Barrett

Director: Mike Traficante

Director Rob Newman

CSA Directors – Provincial Branches

Alberta: Fred Kern

BC: Steven Reed

Manitoba: Sean Drain

Ontario: John Knox

NFLD: Doug Redmond

New Brunswick: Bob Laver

Nova Scotia: Steve Dalziel

PEI: Gerald MacDonald

Saskatchewan: Jeanette Kuc

Quebec: Dino Madonis

Yukon: Brian Gillen

Northwest Territories: Roger Vail

Director, Professional: Nick Fillippone

Is it true disgruntled soccer supporters are leaving voice mails for the CSA fartcatchers at the hotel?:D

and then this weekend....

The XXV CONCACAF Ordinary Congress convenes on May 12 & 13 in Toronto, also at the Intercontinental Hotel, Toronto Centre [:I]

... is there an opportunity to mobilize an anti CSA protest?

One topic to be tabled is “a CONCACAF Champions League starting in 2009. The new, CONCACAF Champions League, including group play, will become CONCACAF’s qualifying event for the annual FIFA Club World Cup. The complete format for the CONCACAF Champions League will be disclosed at the aforementioned XXV CONCACAF Ordinary Congress”.

http://www.concacaf.com/view_article.asp?id=3757

The big shots:

CONCACAF Ordinary Congress

Executive Members

President: Jack Warner Jack Austin Warner

VP: Mr Lisle B. Austin

VP: Mr Alfredo Hawit Banegas

VP: Mr. Guillermo Cañedo (Mexico)

Member: Captain Horace Burell

Member: Mr Ariel Alvarado

Member: Sunil Gulati, President of the United States Soccer Federation

FIFA EXCO Member Rafael Salguero

FIFA EXCO Member Chuck Blazer

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

I have sent the letter with a specific introduction to Sport Canada and to the Minister in charge of sports, Helena Guergis. My point to both was that the CSA was not fulfilling the mandate of Sport Canada, which includes enhancing excellence, nor was showing itself publically accountable.

I encourage other Voyageurs to e-mail both with your concerns, the more the merrier, especially with the CSA meeting this week.

To contact the minister:

http://www.pch.gc.ca/pc-ch/min/guergis/contact/index_e.cfm

To contact Sport Canada:

sportcanada@pch.gc.ca

Thanks, Jeffery, I have emailed her. She looks 19, but since she is the Cabinet Minister for this portfolio, and has been since January, I am sure she is in a strong position to act (sorry, I know I'm being sarcastic). Plus this other tidbit from wiki:

"In 1992, Guergis won the title "Miss Huronia" in the Miss Huronia Pageant, which was owned and operated by Sylvia Stark, and participated as Huronia's representative in the year's "Miss Oktoberfest Pageant" and the Canadian Search for Miss Universe.[2] She later alleged financial irregularities against the pageant, and sued Stark for $3,000 as well as the cost of her flight and gown.[3] In 2003, she informed the National Post newspaper that her suit was successful but that she could not collect because Stark had filed for bankruptcy.[4]

The Canadian television program The Fifth Estate profiled Sylvia Stark in January 2000, and included interviews with Guergis and other former contestants. Stark alleged that Guergis made death threats against her, and added that she had lost a child from the resulting stress and was unable to conceive again. Guergis responded by questioning the state of Stark's mental health.[5]"

I think I will try the Sport Canada email directly just in case....

quote:Originally posted by squid2

the Canadian Soccer Association Annual General Meeting

Intercontinental Hotel, Toronto Centre 7-9 May 2007

Board of Directors / CSA

Executive Committee

President Colin Linford

VP: Victor Montagliani

VP: Dominc Maestracci

Director Finance: Vince Ursini

Director: Angus Barrett

Director: Mike Traficante

Director Rob Newman

CSA Directors – Provincial Branches

Alberta: Fred Kern

BC: Steven Reed

Manitoba: Sean Drain

Ontario: John Knox

NFLD: Doug Redmond

New Brunswick: Bob Laver

Nova Scotia: Steve Dalziel

PEI: Gerald MacDonald

Saskatchewan: Jeanette Kuc

Quebec: Dino Madonis

Yukon: Brian Gillen

Northwest Territories: Roger Vail

Director, Professional: Nick Fillippone

and then this weekend....

The XXV CONCACAF Ordinary Congress convenes on May 12 & 13 in Toronto, also at the Intercontinental Hotel, Toronto Centre [:I]

... is there an opportunity to mobilize an anti CSA protest?

The big shots:

CONCACAF Ordinary Congress

Executive Members

President: Jack Warner Jack Austin Warner

VP: Mr Lisle B. Austin

VP: Mr Alfredo Hawit Banegas

VP: Mr. Guillermo Cañedo (Mexico)

Member: Captain Horace Burell

Member: Mr Ariel Alvarado

Member: Sunil Gulati, President of the United States Soccer Federation

FIFA EXCO Member Rafael Salguero

FIFA EXCO Member Chuck Blazer

With all of those bigshots in town, an opportunity to embarass the CSA at BMO Field during the U-20 friendly and later the TFC game should not be missed. I'm sure that most if not all of those listed here will attend atleast one of those games.

So, how about:

"ALL WE ARE SAYING . . . IS GIVE US A COACH!"

"SCRAP THE CSA! F**K THE CSA!"

"A NEW ASSOCIATION!"

Add a few good signs, and perhaps distribute copies of the protest letter and that funny "hiring for dummies" picture throughout the stadium, and the potential is there to create a real good incident for the media to pick up on.

The fans can do this while still cheering for the players. They know the deal and can distinguish between supporting the team and bashing the CSA for its' extreme incompetence.

Guest Jeffery S.

How about

"Colin Lin-ford, who's your coach, who's your coach, who's your coach

Colin Linford, who's your coach?

Jo-go bo-ni-to"

To the tune of London Bridge is Falling Down.

Archived