No SLRs at BMO....huh.

Guest speedmonk42

Guest speedmonk42

Well that sucks.

Apparently we are not allowed to take in SLRs into BMO.

No video cameras, that has always been the case at most venues.

But it is odd, and stupid in that the SLRs DON'T take videos, but the small digital cameras do.

Kind of disappointed as a hobby photo nerd.

Where did you get this info?

I brought a photographer buddy with a backpack full of equipment. The only thing the guard said he would have objected to is an extra long lens...

(luckily he has a press passes for the real games!)

quote:Originally posted by speedmonk42

Well that sucks.

Apparently we are not allowed to take in SLRs into BMO.

No video cameras, that has always been the case at most venues.

But it is odd, and stupid in that the SLRs DON'T take videos, but the small digital cameras do.

Kind of disappointed as a hobby photo nerd.

Did they SLR's or cameras with detachable lenses? Ya, for you it's the same thing but I have lenses that go on my point and shoot so I'm guessing they would be banned too.

I can only imagine that they consider them to be objects that could be thrown on the field by really rich people with lots of money to throw away.

db

I have had a few problems in the last few years bringing my SLR camera into stadiums. I have a small camera bag with an extra 100mm-300mm lens.

Most notably at Seahawks Stadium, I had no problems getting into the Celtic game, or a Seahawks game with my camera, but then a few months later was not allowed in for the Canada-USA game.

I asked the reason for this, and I was told that because I could switch lenses they considered it to be a "Professional" camera.

Knowing someone with Press Credentials certainly makes it easier to bring in a decent camera.

quote:Originally posted by L.T.

Where did you get this info?

E-mail from TFC to season ticket holders today:

Hey Fan.

The day you've been waiting for is finally upon us! This Saturday, April 28th at 12:30 p.m. Toronto FC will be stepping out onto their brand new pitch at beautiful BMO Field for the inaugural home opener versus the Kansas City Wizards.

Before heading down to BMO Field there are a few things to remember:

// One last time...Please make sure your tag is still on your scarf, this tag is your ticket to the game!!

// Your membership card gives you a 15% discount at all kiosks in BMO Field where merchandise is sold.

// Gates 1, 2 and 3 open 1.5 hours before the game to the general public; 15 minutes earlier for Season Seat Holders through Gate 1.

// BMO Field Ticket Office and Will Call are located at Gate 1. The Ticket Office will be open Monday to Saturday 9:30 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. and Sunday 10:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.

// Remember, BMO Field is NOT covered so make sure to always dress for the weather; check www.theweathernetwork.com <http://click.nba.com/index.cfm?n35167s505c1349029t519o3790> for up to date detailed weather forecasts.

// Cameras (except those with detachable lenses) are allowed in the stadium; video equipment is not permitted.

// For most events, parking will cost $11.00 in Lots E and F, which are located just south of Gate 3 and will be allotted on a first come, first served basis. Due to other events on the Exhibition Grounds, parking may cost slightly more; stay tuned for specific games and times when this will happen.

// Please do not bring backpacks, gym bags, flares, smoke bombs, umbrellas and outside food and beverages; fans will be asked to return these items to their vehicles. All bags will be checked before entrance is allowed.

// Remember, BMO Field is accessible by both the Go Transit System (www.gotransit.com <http://click.nba.com/index.cfm?n35167s505c1349029t519o3791> ) and TTC (416-393-INFO).

// BMO Field is a smoke free facility, however Gate 2 will be available for fans to exit to smoke (you will need to scan your ticket before leaving to allow for re-entrance).

// Finally, don't forget your TFC pride and singing voices because this is shaping up to be one rocking party!

FC-Ya Saturday!

// Toronto FC

Apples to oranges, blah...blah

Ooopps....different sport.

But over the last 12 years before every QMJHL hockey game that I attended an announcement was made with the, don't throw things on the ice, no smoking, wait 'till there's a stoppage before walking up and down the aisles etc. There was an announcement about taking pictures as all images were the property of the home team and the league. I've seen many an usher rush towards a flash. But this year, probably because of the amount of cells with picture taking abilities it was stopped. But I can see how professional quality cameras maybe prohibited. Images remain the property of the team and league. Yeah you pay for a ticket...but how can the team and league sell image rights if anyone can take them without limit.

I must agree with TFC on this one.

Guest speedmonk42
quote:Originally posted by dbailey62

Did they SLR's or cameras with detachable lenses? Ya, for you it's the same thing but I have lenses that go on my point and shoot so I'm guessing they would be banned too.

I can only imagine that they consider them to be objects that could be thrown on the field by really rich people with lots of money to throw away.

db

LOL! That is funny.

Yeah I will show up with a bag full of 50mm 1.8's to hurl at the opposition.....

Guest speedmonk42
quote:Originally posted by argh1

Apples to oranges, blah...blah

Ooopps....different sport.

But over the last 12 years before every QMJHL hockey game that I attended an announcement was made with the, don't throw things on the ice, no smoking, wait 'till there's a stoppage before walking up and down the aisles etc. There was an announcement about taking pictures as all images were the property of the home team and the league. I've seen many an usher rush towards a flash. But this year, probably because of the amount of cells with picture taking abilities it was stopped. But I can see how professional quality cameras maybe prohibited. Images remain the property of the team and league. Yeah you pay for a ticket...but how can the team and league sell image rights if anyone can take them without limit.

I must agree with TFC on this one.

Nah, I disagree.

Times have changed.

Selling the images is one thing, but they should be doing everything they can to facilitate the swapping of media for fan blogs, sites, newsletters, magazines....ect...

Of course you can't resell the image or make posters.

Archived