GRN - Miguel Canizalez Article

Dionattan

gIfve only seen a few of their games but I like it, especially because they play with a lot of skill and Ifm the type of player that likes to have the ball at his feet. I think that if I was given an opportunity, Ifd play in the Mexican league,h Canizalez said

But for now hefs enjoying his time in the MLS and he thinks the league is taking the right steps to improve, especially with the signings of foreign stars, but thinks that the league should make more of an effort to get younger players.

gI think the MLS has brought in guys who might be at the end of their careers to bring in their experience, but I think the league should try to bring in younger players, whether they be from Mexico, Argentina, or wherever, I think thatfs how the league will improve,h said Canizalez.

Not exactly the words of a guy sounding ecstatic to be playing for TFC or anywhere in the MLS for the matter, but nonethless pretty refreshingly honest words to hear amongst a sea of the usual PR pap that fills much of these kind of chatty interviews.

Good job and thanks for posting.

During my conversation with him, in general he had a positive attitude about the MLS and he believes it will get better in the future, but I must admit I was a bit surprised at his frankness at times, but it was good to hear that instead of the usual cookie-cutter answers.

During my conversation with him, in general he had a positive attitude about the MLS and he believes it will get better in the future, but I must admit I was a bit surprised at his frankness at times, but it was good to hear that instead of the usual cookie-cutter answers.

One would think he would be more positive about the chance he is getting with TFC after playing so long in the German 4th division. He may have practiced with 1st Bundesliga teams but MLS is by far the highest level league he has actually played a game in. It seems to me he is also underrating the Mexican league or overrating his own abilities. This guy should concentrate on winning a starting spot with TFC not be thinking about playing in Mexico. If he can successfully complete a couple of years as a starter in MLS maybe then he could start thinking about playing in Mexico. I agree it is interesting to hear a player's honest opinions. Yet I think he also reveals some aspects of his attitude that may explain why he never succeeded in Germany despite having ample opportunity with two top teams and a natural ability that exceeded that of several of our players who did indeed manage to play 1st Bundesliga.

Good interview Dionattan.

Archived