Will Johnson re-signing with Heerenveen

jpg75

From what I can make out of the article with my German, it seems like Johnson has been signed for two more years and will be loaned out not to Heracles but to De Graafschap. De Graafschap is winning the 2nd division by a big margin this year and will be promoted to the 1st division next year so it should be a chance for some playing time for Johnson.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

From what I can make out of the article with my German, it seems like Johnson has been signed for two more years and will be loaned out not to Heracles but to De Graafschap. De Graafschap is winning the 2nd division by a big margin this year and will be promoted to the 1st division next year so it should be a chance for some playing time for Johnson.

You are right. In addition, the deal includes a two-year club option after the inital two years. It also said that his 4-goal performance in a recent reserves cup match had a major impact on the change of heart and decision to re-sign him. He has scored 15 goals for the reserves this season (6 in league play, 9 in the reserve cup), playing mostly as an attacking midfielder.

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

Hey, i pretty much posted the same thing as Jonovision on Big Soccer! guess this Babylon translator is pretty good after all :D

It also mentioned something about missing the reserve final? ("dice-box tournament"?)

Yeah, he is suspended for accumulation of yellow cards.

Front page coverage

http://www.degraafschap.nl/

Well, from Holland's Dairyland to the "Farmers" of Holland's back corner (Achterhoek). This is another interesting small city to play in. While this is a small club that does the flip flop between the top and second level, it does have some interesting connections. For example, it was Guus Hiddink's local club growing up and his first professional club as a player. It is also not that far from Eindhoven so one can imagine the informal linkages between the two clubs. Vitesse Arnhem is nearby and Germany just a short drive away.

I agree that he should get lots of playing time there.

I also suspect it could be fun attending a game here if you're into small club ventures.

Couldn't resist posting the first verse of a club chant (and rough translation)

De superboeren uut de Achterhoek... (The super Farmers from the back corner)

Hup de Graafschap, hup de Graafschap... (Hooray for Graafschap, Hooray for Graafschap)

De superboeren uut de Achterhoek... (The super Farmers from the back corner)

De mooiste club van ’t hele land... (The best club in the whole country)

http://home.wanadoo.nl/maarten.geluk/songs/graafschap.html

Archived