New Coach will be..........

knowitall

It's very nice to read all these comments about coach Rene Simoes. I hope CSA listens to us "the Canadian fans" who are tired of not qualifying to World Cups. Simoes should know how much us Canadian would like to have him as a coach. If someone knows Simoes email, let him know our support.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Knowitall might help his reputation if he can tell us who the mysterious "fourth" candidate is.

Knowitall can help his reputation by coming out of the closet and revealing his identity. Make your comments public Knowitall if you are indeed in the "know".

quote:Originally posted by gwallace76

Knowitall can help his reputation by coming out of the closet and revealing his identity. Make your comments public Knowitall if you are indeed in the "know".

Must be someone from the CSA.... he knows staff that nobody knows...that's why he is KNOWITALL...but I know somebody ELSE who knows more than KNOWITALL... and soon he will start to talk and tell the SIMOES STORY!

Well, it appears knowitall came to our board to try to muddy Colin Linford's name. But the exact opposite has happened. Linford looks like a hero to us fans, and the board (those in opposition at least) looks like a bunch of cheap and petty losers who aren't interested in Canada making the World Cup.

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

Well, it appears knowitall came to our board to try to muddy Colin Linford's name. But the exact opposite has happened. Linford looks like a hero to us fans, and the board (those in opposition at least) looks like a bunch of cheap and petty losers who aren't interested in Canada making the World Cup.

I thought that this board was an open invitation to everyone to participate. Your comment of " it appears knowitall came to our board " is a bit much. Just because you have posted 2364 times this does not make it your board.

Colin Linford has been in power for close to a year. He has allowed the Hooper fiasco to fester, no MNT coach, no C.O.O., no T.D. and who knows what else is going to come out.

I do not need to sling mud at Colin Linford there is enough SH*T sticking to him already.

quote:Originally posted by knowitall

I thought that this board was an open invitation to everyone to participate. Your comment of " it appears knowitall came to our board " is a bit much. Just because you have posted 2364 times this does not make it your board.

Colin Linford has been in power for close to a year. He has allowed the Hooper fiasco to fester, no MNT coach, no C.O.O., no T.D. and who knows what else is going to come out.

I do not need to sling mud at Colin Linford there is enough SH*T sticking to him already.

6 months since Pipe firing in early November.

And it seems the Board isn't helping him much choosing a MNT coach......

quote:Originally posted by knowitall

I don't own the board. But this is an open community of people who love Canadian soccer. We love it when new posters join the board, especially when they are insiders.

That being said, it is quite clear from your 5 posts that you have an agenda against Colin Linford. To the average fan, Linford looks good because he's trying to get us an experienced coach with a proven track record. This is simply a statement of fact.

Your second last paragraph makes me laugh. Colin Linford was trying to get the coach hired sooner, but the board delayed him. How can you fault Linford for that?

Your second last paragraph makes me laugh. Colin Linford was trying to get the coach hired sooner, but the board delayed him. How can you fault Linford for that?

If that guy happpens to be a Board member, we're in big trouble.....

There is some truth on what you said MASSIVE ATTACK, I believe the President had good faith in trying to hire a experienced coach. The only thing I and all soccer fans would like from him is to have more decision making (COURAGE) and not be only an image in the CSA.

There is some truth on what you said MASSIVE ATTACK, I believe the President had good faith in trying to hire a experienced coach. The only thing I and all soccer fans would like from him is to have more decision making (COURAGE) and not be only an image in the CSA.

I hope that Linford will now realize that he needs to start a process to change the structure of how the CSA runs. A Board of Directors is just fine, the problem is the composition of such board. When Directors represent smaller interest groups, it is always a problem. I have seen this in many similar boards. Of course a change in how directors come to be will require a change in their by-laws. Which will naturally be opposed by these same small interest groups. Linford will need to do a lot of traveling across our nation to convince provincial associations of needed changes. He will need to be frank, open and truthful. He will need to appeal to people's deep thoughts and fairness.

quote:Originally posted by The Ref

I hope that Linford will now realize that he needs to start a process to change the structure of how the CSA runs. A Board of Directors is just fine, the problem is the composition of such board. When Directors represent smaller interest groups, it is always a problem. I have seen this in many similar boards. Of course a change in how directors come to be will require a change in their by-laws. Which will naturally be opposed by these same small interest groups. Linford will need to do a lot of traveling across our nation to convince provincial associations of needed changes. He will need to be frank, open and truthful. He will need to appeal to people's deep thoughts and fairness.

I agree 100% with this.

Maybe the CSA should be split into 2 groups: One to run the national team programs, and one to oversee/govern the grassroots amateur/house league game. Two seperate organizations with two seperate mandates. This way the small-minded leaders clinging to the control of their little fifedoms don't threaten to ruin the national teams, like they are doing now.

Mr. Pipe will re-emerge as business manager of the MNT hiring MLSE to have full control of coaching and player personell as long as MNT only play games at BMO Field. The contract with MLSE will be for all time, infinitey......

Seriously, I see nothing wrong with hiring Dale Mitchell. He knows the players and the landscape. Give him international co, or associate, or assitant coaches with contacts and all will fine,

I agree 100% with this.

Maybe the CSA should be split into 2 groups: One to run the national team programs, and one to oversee/govern the grassroots amateur/house league game. Two seperate organizations with two seperate mandates. This way the small-minded leaders clinging to the control of their little fifedoms don't threaten to ruin the national teams, like they are doing now.

You hit the nail on the head Massive Attack. Two groups or divisions would give the flexibility needed and perhaps keep the provinces happy as their smaller interests can still be addressed without interfering with the National programs. Some provinces have a similar setup, where there is a Vice-President in-charge of Youth and a separate one in-charge of Senior soccer.

I foresee allocation of resources (money) being a major hurdle with this arrangement. If you think there are factions within the CSA now just wait and see what happens if such a formal split is made as each faction seeks to protect its turf.

quote:Originally posted by Richard

I foresee allocation of resources (money) being a major hurdle with this arrangement. If you think there are factions within the CSA now just wait and see what happens if such a formal split is made as each faction seeks to protect its turf.

I realize its a utopian dream. Especially considering a lot of our national team budgets come from the fees of the grassroots players.

There is already plenty of resentment at the grassroots level that money paid by recreational youth players is used to 'subsidise' a relatively small group of elite players at the national level, most of whom are already making an independent living playing the game and some of them a pretty good living at that. Never mind paying one coach a salary of over half a million dollars, probably more money than the parents of the majority of youth players could ever dream of making as they struggle to pay their kid's club fees while meeting mortgage and car payments. One just has to sit in at an association general meeting where a special levy is proposed to get this message. Most of us here can see the bigger picture though and likely have no difficulty with this as we understand the economics and see the investment value of the elite teams to the game at all levels.

Had the CSA promote the product while it still had some corporate value to attract major sponsors we would not have to beg,steal and borrow from kids at the grass root level to finance out flag ship teams.Financial shortage and defficiency today is a result a complete lact of a marketing vision and strategy at the highest level of the game.

now we are almost at the point of no return close to bankruptcy light yrs from fianacially sound.

The CSA has neglected the product for yrs to the point where it is not attractive enough for the big Whale corporate circle and we have to rely on is the scraps inteads of catching the big fish.

3 home games every four yrs in mostly sub 10k atadiums does nothing to generate revenue or attract sponsors

the CSA simply did not do their homework in the last 20+ yrs is the main catalyst for the extremely poor financial state and condition of the game in this country.

we need a miracle.

Archived