Edmonton Journal: CMISL considers expansion

DoyleG

quote:Originally posted by sKriSh

Don't know if this is new or not, but on the Drillers site, they have ticket packages and prices.

I dont think it is new. I think it has been up for a while on their site.

I am just hoping we see an announcement soon about the "upcoming" season. September is almost here and barely a peep.

No that's not new. Its been up for at least a month. However, for the most part it looks like the Drillers are the only active team in the league. Granted I don't live in Calgary or Winnipeg and therefore don't read their classifieds and whatnot, but I haven't heard a peep out of either of those teams since the Showcase Series ended. As for Saskatoon, other than the small classified ad I haven't heard anything out of them either. Last time I checked with Credit Union Centre, they hadn't even reached a lease agreement. However, that was nearly a month ago.

Perhaps things will start up with a bang as soon as September hits. I could see some promoting at CIS soccer games. But that will do very little since the Huskies tend to draw maybe 100 people to soccer games. I'd figure more would attend, but they are generally running head-to-head with football games. At the U of S (like many CIS schools) football is king and soccer is for those guys who can't hack it on the football field or so the perception goes. I'm guilty of being one of those fans who has never been to a Huskies soccer game, but I plan to change that this fall.

Archived