KC Wizards - TFC April 25th [R]

jpg75

Guest Jeffery S.

I think in most leagues whoever has the rights of game videos is required to supply them upon request to other teams in the same league. Same goes for UEFA competitions.

I have never heard of a team being refused a video of a rival before a match, this is why I am concluding this.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toronto FC

Starting Lineup

* 1 - Greg Sutton (GK)

* 4 - Marco Reda

* 6 - Maurice Edu

* 7 - Andy Welsh

* 8 - Kevin Goldthwaite

* 10 - Alecko Eskandarian

* 11 - Jim Brennan

* 12 - Edson Buddle

* 16 - Marvell Wynne

* 17 - Paulo Nagamura

* 33 - Carl Robinson

Substitutes

* 18 - Sam Reynolds (GK)

* 2 - Andrew Boyens

* 13 - Chris Pozniak

* 15 - David Guzman

* 20 - Andrea Lombardo

* 23 - Miguel Canizalez

* 25 - Abbe Ibrahim

ist half..horrible first half hour..better last 15 mins..Edu has promise and holds the ball well..Robinson looks the business in mid field..the defence is still a nightmare..Brennan appears to be a centre back alongside Reda who is poor tonight in my opinion..Dont understand Mo's thinking..the new left and right full backs are an improvement..but Brennan is a natural left midfield so why not play him there..confused by Mo's tactics!!!!!

2-0. Goal caused by that stupid attempted tackle back at midfield. Don't run in to a guy who's on the ground, hoping to smash it out by running in to it. Run to it, take possession and control it-even with some bumping. He lost that stupid challenge, fell down, they took it in and caused that commotion. Who was that anyway?

You can see the confidence being sapped away. The tactics are pathetic.

This could be a very loooong first season.. still at least there will be plenty of tickets available once those season ticket holders realise what MLSE have sold them.

quote:Originally posted by bingham

.. still at least there will be plenty of tickets available once those season ticket holders realise what MLSE have sold them.

If they expected a championship side, or even winning in a first season, they shouldn't have bought. And I don't recall MLSE promoting that, either.

This could be a very loooong first season.. still at least there will be plenty of tickets available once those season ticket holders realise what MLSE have sold them.

This is an expansion team. Do you guys honestly expect them to by 3-0 on the road in their first year! Growing pains boys!

If your not in it for the long haul don't bother coming out.

It's a friggin' expansion team, for crying out loud. A little patience, boys. It takes more than a dozen or so games for a team to gel. For every team in MLS that turns over three or four key players, that still leaves the bulk of a roster intact from season to season. This roster didn't even exist last season. They'll get better; the signs were there tonight. But they definitely -- DEFINITELY -- need a commanding centre back. Both Reda and Brennan were absolutely ineffective in the strength/holding up dept.

sad and pathetic. unbelievable.

but at least we almost came close to looking like we might dream of scoring a couple times at the end there- thanks for trying esky. canizalez was ok.

i think we need a drastic formation change:

--------dichio

----canizales esky

-brennan robinson obrien

new guy poz reda new guy

--craig forrest circa 2000

I think tonight we got some good chances on goal but did not get a break. Yes our defense is a disaster right now. With a little luck, things can still turn around and TFC can still be close to a playoff spot. The next game is so important. Lets hope they get a break or two. Don't forget that O'Brien will join this team.

it was not as bad as the other the two

I could see some improvement the tempo of the game was much better

they did not see as tired as the first two games and the intensity and desure was there.

yes this is an expansion team and we should give them time where my problem is is that I could take it better if those were Canadian boys playing and learning thru the growing pain, yes they will learn and get better I would prefer that those were canadian players that we are investing into to get better

even Canadian internationals are being ask to stay on the bench by Mo and college import rookie are being use ahead of Canadian national team prospect.

yes those players will get better but I dont agree it should be at the expense of young Canadians.

we need to improve our canadian content...other then brennan.

i don't like sutton, i think braz,reda, and poz are backup players.

we need someone at centre d and a playmaker in the midfield.

i think ronnie will help alot when he is back.

our mids are all the same, i like robertson and i think edu looked good last night.

3 bad goals last night.reda and sutton were bad.

First, on the positive side, I thought Wynne and Edu showed some promise. There were moments when the team looked like it might get going.

Second, on the negative, the defence still looks overmatched. Goldthwaite didn't impress although, I know it was his first game. Brennan is not a central defender and Reda did not play well. Welsh was a mistake signing as was the acquisition of Buddle.

At this point, the only hope I see is potential improvement through some of the talented young players on the roster.

Without seeing Dichio in a Toronto uniform, he is not going to help. If he was in fact signed to a three year contract as suggested by some reports, it may end up being Mo's biggest mistake of the year. I really hope I'm wrong. Mo needs to realize is when you have to live on a tight budget, you shop at Walmart and not at Bloomingdale's. If you are looking for value-priced quality internationals, you do not look in England. Just look at MLS rosters and you will see that few teams are doing that.

Finally, at some point, the assessment needs to be made of the coaching staff. In many countries, three straight losses and no goals (regardless of the circumstances) would likely lead to some major changes. Because of the restrictive structure of the MLS, I don't know what can be done. I know Mo probably needs more time, but some of his decisions still seem peculiar.

Wow, I expected TFC to struggle, being an expansion team and all, but I never thought they would still be looking for their first goal going into their 4th game...

Sarcasm alert:</u>

At this rate, it would have been less trouble and cheaper to have the Toronto Lynx play in MLS. The results would be the same.

End, sarcasm alert</u>:

Seriously, apart from Dichio arriving, just how many more options does Mo Johnston have?

We do have to remember this is a brand new team and cut the coaches a little slack! In saying that, from the three games I have watched I think Buddle, Nagamura and Eskandarian have been terrible! Eskandarian certainly should have been sent off for his lunge at the guy from KC! I agree with sj about the young Canadian talent, surely Lambardo would be an improvement over Buddle! Reda looked weak last night but I would still like to see him paired with a true center back in a 442! Brennen of course should be in the left of midfield! The new full backs show some promise, as doues Edu! Sutton is getting hung out to dry by the defence, hopefully he hasn't lost all confidence! I thought Canizalez looked good in the short time he was in, along woth Braz and Poz they should provide much needed depth!

quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

If they expected a championship side, or even winning in a first season, they shouldn't have bought. And I don't recall MLSE promoting that, either.

Nor do I recall hearing anyone who purchased season tickets talking or alluding to a championship, a winning season, playoffs ect... The expectations are already modest. So its shouldn't impact next years season tickets sales. That said, they have got to play better.

Thought the lads showed a little more enthusiasm out there. Bit more grit. But still, some realy stupid plays as well. Must have been fun to play in that rain in the 1st half. So maybe some small positive could be taken from the match.

Kinda wondered where Sutton was on that 1st goal. Thought he would have come for that lazy cross being so close to goal but no. Wet footing, unsure of his defender's possition, who knows? He's being left to it all the same. Yesterdays score flattered TFC and they're still zero-for, nine-against. Did the Impact surrender nine goals all of last season? Well if it doesn't kill you it only makes you stronger. That or cripples you for life. One or the other.

Don't think I'm going to like Eskandarian this year. I know things aren't exactly clicking right now but damn he can be selfish with that ball. Selfish is one thing but when it becomes harmfull to the play of the team that's quite another. See how it goes once things start to settle more.

Buddle. See Eskandarain paragraph above. But at least Eskandarain looses the ball trying something. Buddle just lays off some worthless pass so another player to loose the ball once he gets trapped. (See DDR during WCQ).

Nagamura played last night?

MC2 looked good. Might be a sub'ing option. A half hour of his legs at their best against tiring defenders looks like it could be some good medicine for TFC. Plus as a sub it sort of forces him to apply a matches worth of energy into a shorter period. There's less need to save his legs for the duration.

Tough start.

P.S. Pitch looked great. Realy held up well too. Outstanding. Glad to hear the crowd. Nice that they mic'd them but there's no need to crank up the crowd volume. That and put some sort of cover over the field mic's. The rain hitting them was really annoying.

Archived