CB) Reda

LB) Pozniak (if healthy)

RM) Nagamura

CM) Robinson

CM) Mulrooney

LM) Brennan

RS) Ibrahim / Lombardo

LF) Eskandarian

I would like to see more "latin" players in the roster, people from Portugal / Italy / Latin America (not Nagamura or Canizalez), so that there could be more ball control in the middle of the park.

A lot of teams have signed major latin players to their rosters:

Red Bulls -> J. Angel

Crew -> G. Schelotto

Fire -> C. Blanco

Rapids -> H. Gomez

DC -> Emilio

Chivas -> A. Guevara

Dallas -> R. Nuñez

Real -> F. Adu

Revs -> S. Joseph

KC -> D. Arnaud

Galaxy -> Donovan, ... well I guess Becks

Houston -> DeRo

I guess we are lacking that player in the middle of the park that can acutally pass the ball in difficult situations, with decent vision and ball skills.

I just wish Mo would drop that "Brit / Scot" style of play which does not work here in the Americas, and thus MLS.

...etc...

You aren't missing anything, the next game for us is Wednesday April 25th, followed by the home opener 3 days later on Sat. April 28th. Both against Kansas City.

I've posted this line-up on two other boards, might as well make it a hat-trick:

Strikers - take your pick from the glut of six

Brennan Edu/Nagamura Robinson O'Brien (Canizalez while O'Brien is injured)

Pozniak/Goldthwaite Reda Braz Wynne

Sutton

It's difficult to judge who should start in a couple of cases because I've never seen the player play before (ie. Edu & Goldthwaite)

quote:Originally posted by Canadiense

Well since u asked, and it might give more blind optimism. I would go with:

GK) Sutton

RB) Braz

CB) Boyens

CB) Reda

LB) Pozniak (if healthy)

RM) Nagamura

CM) Robinson

CM) Mulrooney

LM) Brennan

RS) Ibrahim / Lombardo

LF) Eskandarian

He was traded yesterday to Houston...

Wow...

I thought I was going to get bashed for suggesting to get a "latin" style player. I just feel that with the investments that other clubs are doing in MLS, TFC should also follow their lead.

Mo's mentallity is way to "scottish", even Steve Nicol @ NE, was able to get their players to play more of a possesion style of play. Nicol understands the league now, and the fact that in the Americas (including the states) the game is about speed and possession.

TFC must also take this mentallity into account, but as long as Mo is in charge, that is not going to change due to his background in tactics.

Wow...

I thought I was going to get bashed for suggesting to get a "latin" style player. I just feel that with the investments that other clubs are doing in MLS, TFC should also follow their lead.

Mo's mentallity is way to "scottish", even Steve Nicol @ NE, was able to get their players to play more of a possesion style of play. Nicol understands the league now, and the fact that in the Americas (including the states) the game is about speed and possession.

TFC must also take this mentallity into account, but as long as Mo is in charge, that is not going to change due to his background in tactics.

While I still question the signing of Dichio, especially if it is for three years as suggested by some reports, I do like the change to 4-4-2 with the addition of Wynne and Goldthwaite.

On the signing of Latin players in MLS, it probably has more to do with economics than anything. Mo needs to build his network into Latin America because he would get a lot more quality there for what he is likely having to pay Dichio. Maybe the new Canadian Head Coach, who remains nameless, can help him with that.

Archived