FIFA Rankings April 07: Canada up

Guest Jeffery S.

Guest Jeffery S.

Canada is up to 94, seven spots, in the new rankings.

If we were to play Bermuda four times in ten days on the islands we would jump to 70th, easy as that. Good ranking system.

Biggest movers this month are Northern Ireland, up to 33rd, and Republic of Ireland, also up quite a bit, into the 20s. Of the top clubs Cameroon has gained the most.

http://www.fifa.com/es/mens/statistics/index/0,2548,135955,00.html?articleid=135955

Northern Ireland has been playing out of their heads of late, beating some very good teams - Spain and Sweden are two examples. David Healy is carrying this club.

As for Canada, as much as these are just rankings, it's still something we should take notice of. They are perfect, but they are a ball park figure, and the fact that we are hovering near 100th is purely embarassing.

quote:Originally posted by Soju

33rd wow. I recall us beating northern ireland in perhaps the ugliest game I've ever seen...

I couldn't agree more. Didn't we win the gold cup, beating 2 very good teams and only moved up 20ish points winning 5 games in a row and a cup?

I think these rankings is bogus. Look who's ahead of us and ask yourself "we can't beat them"?

Northern Ireland (33) and we already beat them

Bosnia (47)

Burkino Faso (55)

Panama (56)

Austria (75) and we beat them too 2-0

Cyprus (80)

Equatorial Guinea (87) Whooo?

Cape Verde Islands (88) again who and an island team better than us, say its not so

Libya (93) again we beat them 4-2 in libya

so as you can see, these rankings are a complete joke. Its nice to have if your #1, but when you have to look at a map with a microscope to find an island nation better ranked than us, how can one believe in it?

Brasil #3, theres another joke. They should be in the low 20's ;)

quote:Originally posted by Soju

33rd wow. I recall us beating northern ireland in perhaps the ugliest game I've ever seen...

I couldn't agree more. Didn't we win the gold cup, beating 2 very good teams and only moved up 20ish points winning 5 games in a row and a cup?

I think these rankings is bogus. Look who's ahead of us and ask yourself "we can't beat them"?

Northern Ireland (33) and we already beat them

Bosnia (47)

Burkino Faso (55)

Panama (56)

Austria (75) and we beat them too 2-0

Cyprus (80)

Equatorial Guinea (87) Whooo?

Cape Verde Islands (88) again who and an island team better than us, say its not so

Libya (93) again we beat them 4-2 in libya

so as you can see, these rankings are a complete joke. Its nice to have if your #1, but when you have to look at a map with a microscope to find an island nation better ranked than us, how can one believe in it?

Brasil #3, theres another joke. They should be in the low 20's ;)

quote:I think these rankings is bogus. Look who's ahead of us and ask yourself "we can't beat them"?

As the previous poster said, NI beat some very good teams as of late, and they and most of those other European based teams you listed play a lot more games then we do.

quote:I think these rankings is bogus. Look who's ahead of us and ask yourself "we can't beat them"?

As the previous poster said, NI beat some very good teams as of late, and they and most of those other European based teams you listed play a lot more games then we do.

Archived