New seats at Swangard

Danny Boy

quote:Originally posted by Danny Boy

I only paid attention to the seats... knowing the city of Burnaby, I would assume that the seats were the only upgrades...

I was only wondering because those seat upgrades are for the U-20 world cup and I figure a new scoreboard that didn't look like it was rescued from a garbage dump would be a decent upgrade.

quote:Originally posted by Krammerhead

I was only wondering because those seat upgrades are for the U-20 world cup and I figure a new scoreboard that didn't look like it was rescued from a garbage dump would be a decent upgrade.

I really think the city of Burnaby should seriously consider upgrading the facilities of old Swanny and the score board should be upgraded pretty pathetic looking thing ... I really think a tv shot of that makes us look like 3rd world country.

I saw those seats the other day. They do make the Grandstand look better. It reduces the capacity by 400 though. There are about 30 really nice new seats right in the middle where most of the federations dignataries will be seated.

I agree about the scorebaord. It is emabarrassing. I hope it get changed but I havn't heard anything about it.

The city of Burnaby doesn't really care about Swangard and keeping soccer fans happy. If they really wanted to they could build another 15-20 row (if not larger, no roof of course) grandstand with a parking garage and still not obstruct the nice view of trees.

But now the Caps will be downtown in a couple years and they won't have a main tennant.

Archived