GOL TV finally coming to Shaw Cable

mrpopulistfutebol

I got an email yesterday from Gol TV, saying that it was coming to Shaw cable 151. I then called Shaw Cable Winnipeg to confirm this. It is coming as of Wednesday April 18th. No word yet if there will be a free preview. I saw on the website, it would cost $2.49/mth for the channel.

Final Analysis: After almost one and a half years of lobbying, Gol TV is finally coming to Shaw Cable Winnipeg. :)

Too late for Shaw. After contacting them numerous times only to be told they didn't know what GolTV was or they had no plans, I abandoned Shaw and went to ExpressVU dish. Been getting it ever since, plus a whole bunch of other channels.

I just checked there online schedule and I see no Peruvian or Chilean futbol???, yet they have Central American Leagues??...wow..I'm going to write them a letter stating how come they didn't include more South American leagues, as I'm sure they're way more competitive than any Central American league, barring Mexico.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

AH ha ha. Good things happen to those who wait.

"Sorry, how much a month when bundled with my other sports channels?"

50 CENTS!

Cheeta I have to agree with you. Good things happen to those who wait. I ordered Gol TV at 9 this morning. When I heard the representative tell me it was only going to cost me 50 cents extra because I had already ordered RDS from before (the French TSN), I was in pleasent shock. My eyes were lit up. This made my day. :)

quote:Originally posted by speedmonk42

Any word on BC?

Dude..haven't you paid attention...it's on Shaw Digital Cable here in BC..not sure about Rogers, Bell though..but I got subscribed to it, and find it pleasant to watch some Bundesliga and Colombian Football games, with the odd mix of Spanish and Italian league games.

quote:Originally posted by nolbertos

Dude..haven't you paid attention...it's on Shaw Digital Cable here in BC..not sure about Rogers, Bell though..but I got subscribed to it, and find it pleasant to watch some Bundesliga and Colombian Football games, with the odd mix of Spanish and Italian league games.

It has been a pleasent mixture of Colombian, Spanish and Italian games. I look forward to the Brazilian league. That is one of the main reasons why I got the channel besides the La Liga.

quote:Originally posted by Rivaldo

Is Shaw giving a free preview?

Will Gol TV have the Brazilian league? They haven't been showing the regional Brazilian championships. The national championship starts May 12.

Shaw Cable is having no free preview. That is the unfortunate news. As for the Brazilian league, they advertise it on their site. I would email Gol TV Canada if they will show the national league championship which starts May 12th.

Guest speedmonk42

Sorry I have not been in BC for a while, I was thinking about it for my Dad who still lives in Vancouver.

Last time I checked before I left it was not available there.

Have to see about adding it to his service, he is on Shaw digital cable.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived