Next TFC game on The Score

Massive Attack

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

John, its time to start not caring what McClown says. The team is a success inspite of the efforts of this loser and people like Jerkins.

Why are we stuck with these characters in Canada. Who are these guys that let them be that negative and destructive.

I just makes me downright determined to fight this injustice and malice. It makes no sense only if you look at it in the context of that r. word and even that makes no sense either.

What happened to these people to feel and act this way,what are their reasons and motvations as well as real purpose. I don't know but this has to stop.

Bobby you are on your way out,money talks in the long run and people will start to be more vocal as these basket girls were and le voila tu est passee.

Sorry he will be gone.At that time I will face him as suggested.

Slicky loud mouth Bobby will never ever scare me. I would make mince out of him,he comes from a screwed up society and upbringing in fact we should feel sorry for him,but that would be a weakness so,head on with this jerk,truth and consequenzes.Than it would be an issue ,soccer good or bad for North America.That's all. Hey I would love to promote and defend that one,knowing that I have all the Voyageurs in my corner.Poa waughw. After him I will take on Jerkins and than Cherry. Bobby will be a very good training for me,minced meat alright.

So this is just a repeat of the dismal effort we saw against Chivas. These are fulltime professional players! Where is the individual effort to win the ball, where is the commitment, does TFC not have any defence, where is the individual skill for pity's sake. The Whitecaps would beat TFC right now, hell even the VMSL All Stars would give them a run. If I had TFC season tickets I'd be worried as things stand. Mo needs to do some serious motivating, firing more likely. The fact this is their second league game is no excuse, these are FULLTIME PROFESSIONAL players, or supposed to be. Hrumph!

MC playing defense that all we need now lets turn all the canadian midfield players into defenders.

Buddle what a waste put some Canadian kid out there at least they will get the playing time He cant do any worse.

stick canadians to defensive role and give the foreigners attacking roles so that they can improve on behalf of Canadian players.

Is TFC in the business of developing Canadian or foreign talents

because those guys looks like they will need it.

quote:Originally posted by Canuck in Boston

Ok I was watching the Revs on local TV and switched to my Expressvu satellite to watch The Score and see that all they are doing is repeating the TV38, of Boston, broadcast.

Very funny. Hope you TO guys like our Boston crew! Will this be the norm for the entire season? I guess it is better than nothing.

I believe for the home games Sharman and James will call the games. For away fixtures, I believe they'll just simulcast.

may be playing a couple of games against the Impact behind closed doors would not be a bad Idea Since they have ten days before their next game.

I dont think last yr Montreal defense would have given up 4 goals like TFC did.

and if his forwards cant find the net in two games against the Impact dont waist any more MlS minutes time to do some firing.

quote:Originally posted by Richard

So this is just a repeat of the dismal effort we saw against Chivas. These are fulltime professional players! Where is the individual effort to win the ball, where is the commitment, does TFC not have any defence, where is the individual skill for pity's sake. The Whitecaps would beat TFC right now, hell even the VMSL All Stars would give them a run. If I had TFC season tickets I'd be worried as things stand. Mo needs to do some serious motivating, firing more likely. The fact this is their second league game is no excuse, these are FULLTIME PROFESSIONAL players, or supposed to be. Hrumph!

I'm too disapointed with some players effort and the results but you have to understand that team cohesion is not something you can built over a 2 months preseason (specially when players arriving only 2-3 weeks ago).

Yes, it sounds like an excuse but when you watch this team play, you see they have no cohesion in midfield and some problems at the back. Of course some players effort let a lot to be desire and I would like to see more from them. Let's hope this team can regroup and get better results over the season.

BTW, are so of the peope on this board naive or what? I've never expected TFC to be a great team on their first year so of course teams like the Impact and the Caps could beat them at the moment...

quote:Originally posted by Captain Spaulding

I haven't seen a line up for either game. Are TFC really playing 3-5-2?

Is this because of Johnston's tenure at Rangers, or is it common in MLS?

Seems to put a lot of pressure on the defenders, who look pretty shaky, at least in the second halves that I saw.

There are three true 3-5-2 formations used from what I've seen. DC United, New England and Toronto.

An additional preseason tournament involving the Impact and the caps would have prepared TFC better for those two games,kind of an unofficial canada cup.

They are simply not ready

the key is preparation

I guest it was ok to have tied the US U-17 squad but unthinkable if they were beaten by the Caps and the Impact

they have to shallow their pride and use the teams we have here to make them a little bit better.

this is suppose to be the flag ship team in canada it does not say much about candian players when even loaded with imports they get torn apart.

How can we expect the MNT to get it right in two tune up games when a Guy like Johnson who has been in place since last yeah cant get his selected players from a bigger player pool to find each other on the field.

it all boils down to how you prepare the team during preseason and tuneup games.

time to bring in Watson and Corazin.

quote:Originally posted by Captain Spaulding

I haven't seen a line up for either game. Are TFC really playing 3-5-2?

Is this because of Johnston's tenure at Rangers, or is it common in MLS?

Seems to put a lot of pressure on the defenders, who look pretty shaky, at least in the second halves that I saw.

What does Johnston's tenure at Rangers have to do with TFC playing 3-5-2? He sure as heck never played it while at Ibrox.

I've been watching Rangers for over 40 years and can count on two, possibly three fingers the number of times they've actually played 3-5-2 (and yes, with the predictable result of failure I might add).

Like most posts on here, a 4-4-2 in this team's first season is what is needed. Stability at the back and the basic soccer principles of possession and support are the order of the season to bring a bit of consistency to the team and their performances. None of this is possible with the current system, IMHO.

gwsmith63

quote:Originally posted by sj

An additional preseason tournament involving the Impact and the caps would have prepared TFC better for those two games,kind of an unofficial canada cup.

They are simply not ready

the key is preparation

I guest it was ok to have tied the US U-17 squad but unthinkable if they were beaten by the Caps and the Impact

they have to shallow their pride and use the teams we have here to make them a little bit better.

this is suppose to be the flag ship team in canada it does not say much about candian players when even loaded with imports they get torn apart.

How can we expect the MNT to get it right in two tune up games when a Guy like Johnson who has been in place since last yeah cant get his selected players from a bigger player pool to find each other on the field.

it all boils down to how you prepare the team during preseason and tuneup games.

time to bring in Watson and Corazin.

TFC is NOT the Canadian National Team.

Once you are able make that distinction, then your opinions become more valid.

quote:Originally posted by mrpopulistfutebol

Yep the Toronto FC were pretty bad this game. Montreal Impact, Vancouver Whitcaps could even bet them. Heck, maybe the Edmonton Drillers and Winnipeg Alliance FC could give them a run. Well I should not go that far with regards to the Edmonton Drillers and Winnipeg Alliance FC, but you get the point.

Err, the Winnipeg Alliance couldn't beat the St. Vital Flames' girls

team even if the other teams gave them 2 of their best players. (Wait,

that happened already!);)

Toronto FC has to re-evaluate their tactics, and must NOT employ a

3-5-2 if they cannot have their timing on offense up to snuff.

Not happy with the work ethic of Buddle and a few that think MLS

is a cakewalk. Mo has to coach better and get some subs in earlier.

quote:Originally posted by Canuck in Boston

Ok I was watching the Revs on local TV and switched to my Expressvu satellite to watch The Score and see that all they are doing is repeating the TV38, of Boston, broadcast.

Very funny. Hope you TO guys like our Boston crew! Will this be the norm for the entire season? I guess it is better than nothing.

Watched the game on TV38 Boston, it was great, no ticker running non stop at the bottom with score that have nothing to do with the match itself. I intend to try to avoid the score as much as possible.

Why is everyone blaming the 3-5-2 for the results so far? What ever formation you play is not going to make up for missed marking assignments and improve the quality of ball distribution.

For what its worth, I have found that our national teams have looked better when they were playing a 3-5-2. We seldom looked overmatched and in over our heads with a 3-5-2. Whereas we have under the 4-4-2.

This is what was Yallop's failing IMO, not that nonsence about player selection.

quote:Originally posted by redhat

Err, the Winnipeg Alliance couldn't beat the St. Vital Flames' girls

team even if the other teams gave them 2 of their best players. (Wait,

that happened already!);)

Toronto FC has to re-evaluate their tactics, and must NOT employ a

3-5-2 if they cannot have their timing on offense up to snuff.

Not happy with the work ethic of Buddle and a few that think MLS

is a cakewalk. Mo has to coach better and get some subs in earlier.

I know I was only kidding about the Winnipeg Alliance. But you get my point about Toronto FC. The bottom line is this: They have to re-look their tactics for their upcoming games, or they will get creamed.

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

Why is everyone blaming the 3-5-2 for the results so far? What ever formation you play is not going to make up for missed marking assignments and improve the quality of ball distribution.

For what its worth, I have found that our national teams have looked better when they were playing a 3-5-2. We seldom looked overmatched and in over our heads with a 3-5-2. Whereas we have under the 4-4-2.

This is what was Yallop's failing IMO, not that nonsence about player selection.

Fair enough, but 3-5-2 looked awful with TFC. The key is that they

got caught a lot as the midfield cannot hold or maintain possession,

while the back 3 will have to make up a missed assignment. This

was obviously picked up by Chivas and NE and thus the scoreline.

I do see Robinson move back a lot, but not always. Quite a few times

there were 5 on 3 at our own end. But Mo must know what he's doing. ;)

As for Yallop, he played 4-3-3 rather than 3-5-2 (Holger), with

Derosario behind Hume and/or Radzinski. (Or did I get wrong?)

Holger had better luck as De Vos was at back, and had good holding

mids like Dasovic (Gold Cup 2000) who always trotted back.

Archived