[POLL]: will TorontoFC make playoffs this year?

Canadiense

After I saw Toronto's 1st game ever in MLS, I have some mixed messages about their performance.

I am not going to lie I was dissapointed with the result.

So I wanted to know in general how much faith you have in Toronto FC this year.

So when you reply, just reply your answer to the question (YES or NO) and your guess of number of wins this year.

My answer:

Give the way that they played on the weekend

Answer: NO

# wins: 4

Guest Jeffery S.

I am assuming it is still 32 games, and eight make the playoffs. With 40 points the chances are slim, with 45 and over much better, though you could need 50. So Toronto would have to finish something like 13 wins and 10 draws to make the playoffs.

I predict:

No (but close)

12 wins

It is a 30 game schedule and the top 2 from each division make the playoffs with the best 4 other teams in.

Toronto won't make the playoffs the way they played on Saturday, but i can still see us making it if we win alot at home.

12W 10L 8D = 44 points and fighting for a spot.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

I am assuming it is still 32 games, and eight make the playoffs. With 40 points the chances are slim, with 45 and over much better, though you could need 50. So Toronto would have to finish something like 13 wins and 10 draws to make the playoffs.

HUH??

Last season only 2 clubs won more than 13 matches. 50 points might be enough to win the conference, nevermind make the playoffs!

40 points seems like a good target.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by amacpher

HUH??

Last season only 2 clubs won more than 13 matches. 50 points might be enough to win the conference, nevermind make the playoffs!

40 points seems like a good target.

But last year the league was very even, there were no killers and no duds, at least not statistically. In a normal league the spread is bigger between better and worse, so automatically a playoff spot becomes dearer. Anyways i was calculating on the basis of 32 games.

quote:Originally posted by Mighty_TorontoFC

yes they will sneak into playoffs, the est is the weak division this time round with the west being the harder division to get out of.............Go TFC GO!!

Doesn't matter. They changed the format. Now you have to finish top 2 in your division to be guaranteed a playoff spot. After that it's the next best 4 teams overall that go in.

But you have to be pretty optimistic to think that under any format - short of allowing all 13 teams enter the playoffs - that TFC would have a shot.

Archived