Canada vs Costa Rica - September 12

Winnipeg Fury

quote:Originally posted by Mighty_TorontoFC

Couldn't the CSA find a better side that would fill the stadium then

Costa Rica? don't get me wrong they are a decent side but will not draw flies in Toronto!!! A game with say scotland would sell well in Toronto,

and either Italy and Portugal, Greece could fill the place so again why

Costa rica.

Why in God's name would you want to fill the stadium with opposing fans???

quote:Originally posted by rdroze

Why in God's name would you want to fill the stadium with opposing fans???

With luck a lot of canadian supporters would make the effort to get out as well, but it would put money into the CSA coffers so they maybe

could get the national team together for more games each year instead of waiting for the big tournament( gold cup, world cup) before showing any interest in the team. remember the Canada cup tournament they had at Varsity, a fews years back, the had Greece, portugal and Canada in a 3 team round robin , why not add a 4th and get it going again, each year ina different city that supports soccer at the pro level, toronto, Montreal and vancouver!!!

quote:You're right, forgot about the possibility of playing a double header but I'm not sure FIFA laws allow this.

The US MLS clubs do this all the time. Many of the MSL clubs have nice padded attendance stats because their stadiums are full for US National Team double-headers.

• 2 months later...
quote:Originally posted by sstackho

A Dan Stinson article on the women's team quotes CSA vice-president Victor Montagliani as saying the Costa Rica match will be the last match in 2007 for the men's team.

I hope it means last match in Canada since we have the October and November FIFA dates to use for games.

Archived