New Coach Prediction Thread

Grizzly

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that Mr. Linford HAS to get his guy approved when the board meets. If the meeting happens and his prefered coach isn't accepted, then what? I mean, if he can't hire his desired coach, then is he going to be capable of get any of the other things he promised done?

He's already well late to hire a new coach, missing the March deadline he promised(and was there a previous promise of a hired coach by December, or am I making that one up?). In my opinion, we can only give him the benefit of the doubt based on "well, he fired Kevin Pipe," for so long. Eventually something has to get done.

I'm negative, and nervous - a bad combination. But I've seen this song and dance too many times. My father who's Italian has poo-pooed soccer in Canada since I can remember and I have defended it tooth and nail. He would always tell me that no one cares, and that the people in charge don't know what they are doing, and that it will never succeed, and I'd always fight back endlessly.

It's been over fifteen years of this battle, I get the feeling that if something doesn't happen soon, I will start to agree with him.

unless we will put the new coach at work right away I dont see why the uregency is.

at $500k that's 40k a month that a lot of dough to have somebody sitting around while they try to find team for our boys to play agaisnt.

we all know how hard it is to get key players raleased at the end of the European season where teams are either fighting for Europeans spots or relegation battles.

Casa should keep that money for now and use it to finance part of an extensive training camp between the coach and the gold cup bound playersno need to alawys look for high profile teams to play against our 2 USl team and TFC would be adequate sparring partners for our MNT.

If montreal Impact was good enough for the Honduran National team they should along with the WHitecaps and TFC be able to be good opposition and that will give all parties involved an extar game to fine tune their squad.

the CSA has to start swallowing their pride and use the resources available in Canad effectively.

I would prfer that we play Canadian teams as often as possible that give prep games to the US U-17 team what wrong with our u-17 not good enough?

Had a dream last night. Linsford standing by the mirrow "Mirrow, mirrow on the Wall who shall lead the CNT to the World Cup?" The Mirror answers "Whit Kevin gone and no money in the bank, that leaves you Holy great one" ...... Who else wants to lead a team in 103th place and no Organization

If it is Simoes, or whomever for that matter, shouldn't the "announcement" of the new MNT coach be a live media event? Are we going to find out instead from a press release from the CSA , to be issued and posted on their website on Monday the 23rd because their offices are closed on weekends?

Guest speedmonk42

Has a woman ever coached a senior mens national team anywhere?

I know it has happened at the Junior levels, I have met one.

I am pretty sure the answer is no, but just curious.

Any idea of the time of the meeting? I expect to wake up tomorrow and know the answer. However, stranger things have happened, and it is the CSA.

Is it wrong of me to have part of me expect to NOT have a coach hired tomorrow?

I think we can be reasonably sure that they will make the decision tomorrow but when will they announce it? If they decide to have a big press conference with the new coach in attendance how long will it take to organize this? I am really hoping to know tomorrow but only have a 50% expectation that it will be announced.

tomorrow the CSA can take the first step towards getting Canada to South Africa. If they make the wrong decision (mitchell/hart), i will still support and try to believe, but the campaign will feel tainted. just like last time around, i believed so much going into the first game, but deep down i knew the belief was tainted as we had a second rate coach and no decent results at all in the build up to wcq. i dont want this campaign to be tainted for me before it even starts (again).

Agree with Grizzly, it will depend on the communications strategy. If I was to speculate, I would think they would issue press release(s) asap after the meeting that would give the name(s) and with something like an announcement of a press conference allowing the press to meet the new Head Coach and probably the New Executive Director/Chief Operating Officer as well. I expect that they will get approvals of both out of the way today.

Again, I would also expect that the decision is already made and that it only needs to be formally approved by the Board. If it is not, the drama is only beginning and we have bigger problems with the national association than finding a Coach.

would have expected the meeting to be done by now, unless there were some difficulties or serious debate. Even the CSA would know better than to delay an announcement until Monday. Besides a serious rift on the board, the only other reason I can think of for this delay is that they need to translate the Press Release into French so they can announce it in both languages.

That should take about 5 minutes.

I hate the CSA

quote:Originally posted by Dave

would have expected the meeting to be done by now, unless there were some difficulties or serious debate. Even the CSA would know better than to delay an announcement until Monday. Besides a serious rift on the board, the only other reason I can think of for this delay is that they need to translate the Press Release into French so they can announce it in both languages.

Guest speedmonk42
quote:Originally posted by Dave

I didn't know Brazilian names were spelled differently in French.

CSA decides on new coach, but can't announce choice as negotiations underway

TORONTO (CP) - The board of the Canadian Soccer Association has decided on a new coach for the men's national team, but it isn't revealing the name of the successful candidate.

The 19-member board reached a decision Saturday, but cannot announce the new coach because contract negotiations are still ongoing, said a CSA spokesman.

The CSA gave neither a timetable for negotiations nor a date for an announcement.

The board met at a hotel near the Toronto airport to vote on the choice of the four-person selection committee.

In March, CSA president Colin Linford said two Canadians and two foreigners are in the running for the post.

Media reports have pegged Brazilian and former Jamaica national team coach Rene Simoes, believed to be one of the foreign choices, as the leading candidate with one report saying the job is his.

Interim Canadian national team coach and under-17 coach Stephen Hart and under-20 national team coach Dale Mitchell are believed to be the Canadian candidates.

Archived