Maritime Senior mens league this summer

Soccerpro

Apparently a Maritime league is getting off the ground this summer with 8 NSSL teams, Frederiction from NB and the perennial PEI powerhouse team included. Each squad plays an 18 game schedule beginning in mid May. This seems to be long over due and will hopefully help the game in NB and PEI as well as add some excitement to an NSSL that has been steadily losing fans and interest since the Dunbrack - King of Donair days of the late 90's.

As of now there was an NSSL league for NS that usually ranged around from 6-8 teams in the last few years with some rural teams like Cape Breton joining and leaving every few years, the league is essentially a Halifax league. NB and PEI have had no real leagues and just played some exhibition games from what I gather.

quote:Originally posted by Soccerpro

As of now there was an NSSL league for NS that usually ranged around from 6-8 teams in the last few years with some rural teams like Cape Breton joining and leaving every few years, the league is essentially a Halifax league. NB and PEI have had no real leagues and just played some exhibition games from what I gather.

New Brunswick has their own league. It's called the NBSL.

This is PEI's league- http://www.seniormensleague.com/

quote:Originally posted by Soccerpro

New Brunswick has their own league. It's called the NBSL.

This is PEI's league- http://www.seniormensleague.com/

Archived