Interview with Greg Sutton

Dionattan

Wow - so much support for Yallop. I'm not surprised that he personally is so supportive, as he got some breaks and respect from Yallop that maybe he hadn't seen before from some other Canadian coaches, but what is surprising is how his statements of support seem to be so "all-encompassing". He is speaking like most of the core of the program and the CSA survivors all still really respect him and are grateful for what he did for the program. I am not sure where I sit on the FY Experience, but this is certainly an interesting set of opinions to throw into the mix.

"We’re in period of time here where–we're in the process of trying to maintain what [Frank Yallop] has built–and I think the heads of the CSA are going in the right direction–I think you're going to see positive things come out of Canada and it's great to be a part of that."

It is also weird that he wants a Canadian coach to be chosen unlike most of the comments we have heard from other players including DeRo. Also interesting that DeRo who was one of Yallop's guys did not give the same type of blanket approval of Yallop's reign and that Sutton's main competitor Hirschfeld gave a thumbs down on Yallop. Maybe this is effective politics on Sutton's part.

Archived