Adrian Serioux -Knee surgery?

MM2

quote:Originally posted by masster

How does a long term injury affect a team's salary cap? Does his salary not count against the cap when the player is injured?

If a team loses a player to a season ending injury, they can replace him on the roster, but I think that they are still responsible for the salary.

Guest speedmonk42

I think what he is asking is does the players salary get subtracted from the cap when they are out for a long time allowing the team to sign another player.

Must be.

More details here

02/16/2007 6:03PM

Adrian Serioux to have knee surgery next week

FC Dallas Media Relations

Buy Tickets!

FRISCO, Texas - FC Dallas today announced that an MRI on defender Adrian Serioux's left knee determined that the Canadian international has Osteochronditis Dessicans (OCD). In this case, OCD is essentially a bruise to the medial (inside) end of the femur bone that either never fully healed or was caused as a result of repetitive smaller injuries. A surgical procedure will be performed by Dr. Virgil Medlock on Tuesday, Feb. 20 at a Baylor Facility in Dallas to stimulate and speed the healing process in his left knee. Serioux is expected to be out between 4-6 months.

The 27-year old Serioux joined FCD's preseason camp on Feb. 5 after taking part in a two-week training camp with the Canadian National team in Florida. He played in 20 regular season games for the Houston Dynamo in 2006, and played in all four of Houston's playoff games, including the MLS Cup Championship game on Nov. 12.

Dallas acquired Serioux on Nov. 17, 2006 from Toronto FC along with a second round pick in the 2007 MLS SuperDraft in exchange for Ronnie O'Brien. Toronto had selected Serioux earlier that day in the MLS Expansion Draft from Houston. Dallas used the second round pick in last month draft to select 15-year old U.S. Youth National team forward Abdus Ibrahim.

I hope he has a speedy recovery. The Dallas management really liked the toughness he show in central defence when he played with Houston and they looked liked they had him penciled in as a starter along side the less experienced Alex Yi. I was looking forward to his continued development as a centre back, both with club and country.

All the best, Adrian!

Archived