Canada-Scotland U-20 tickets go on sale

loyola

Men’s U-20 Team

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Canada-Scotland U-20 tickets go on sale

OTTAWA (ONTARIO) ¬– Canada’s U-20 World Cup team will get its first full test this season in an international series against Scotland from March 24-27 in Burnaby and Victoria. Tickets to both matches are now on sale as of today. Burnaby tickets to the Saturday afternoon match (24 March, 13:00 PST) at Swangard Stadium went on sale today while Victoria tickets to the Tuesday evening match (27 March, 21:00 PST) at Royal Athletic Park went on sale last week.

Canada is hosting the FIFA U-20 World Cup this summer in six Canadian cities including Burnaby and Victoria. While the Canadian team has already had a camp in January and will have another camp next week in Florida, the March series will be the first time in 2007 that Canada’s best teenagers play together. The Canada-Scotland games will fall on FIFA international dates, so most of Canada’s best players are expected to be released for the tournament.

The Burnaby tickets are available through Ticketmaster (604.280.4400 or www.ticketmaster.ca). The three ticket prices are $16.00, $21.25 and $26.50 (before service charges). Group tickets are available through the Vancouver Whitecaps starting at $11 per ticket (15 or more).

“We are very excited to be hosting Canada and Scotland as a preview to this summer's big FIFA U-20 World Cup Canada which has already sold more than 350,000 tickets across the six host sites, including Swangard,” said Rocha. “We’ve heard that the local Scottish community is rallying to have a large contingent of their ‘Tartan Army’ out at the game but we are confident that an even bigger showing of the ‘Red and White’ will come out and support our Canadian boys.”

The Victoria tickets are available through five different locations: All Sport (250.380.1980), Soccer World (250.382.7489), LISA office (250.382.7489), Titan Sports (250.595.4577) and Soccer Zone (250.754.2220). Gold-level tickets cost $25 while silver-level tickets cost $20. Group sales (10 or more) were $23 per ticket at the gold level and $18 per ticket at the silver level. Most of the tickets for this match have already been sold.

"Our island community has once again demonstrated its tremendous support for the game of soccer," said Suzanne Flannigan, Vice-Chair, Marketing and Communications, Victoria Site Organizing Committee. "A near sellout of the Scotland Canada International friendly already has fans eagerly anticipating the rare opportunity to see world-class soccer in their own backyard. Simply put, the Scotland-Canada game will be the opening act for what will soon be hailed as Canada's largest single-sport, sporting event in history."

Canada will host the World’s finest under-20 players in six cities across the country – Victoria, Burnaby, Edmonton, Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal – June 30 - July 22, 2007.

The biennial event is second only to the FIFA World Cup™ in size and scope and will showcase the most talented under-20 soccer players in the world. The tournament has been the coming-out party for some of the game’s top players - Maradona, Saviola, Raúl, Marco Van Basten, Luis Figo, Ruiz Costa, Thierry Henry, Adriano, Roberto Carlos, Bebeto and Dunga as well as Canadian Player of the Year Dwayne De Rosario.

Last held in CONCACAF in 1983 in Mexico, Canada’s most recent participation in this event occurred last June in Nederland from June 10 - July 2, 2005. Canada enjoyed its best ever finish in a FIFA World Championship in December 2003, losing to eventual silver-medalist Spain on a golden goal in the quarter finals in the United Arab Emirates.

For more information regarding the FIFA U-20 World Cup Canada 2007, please visit www.FIFA.com.

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

the southside is usually closed for internationals.

Well, then, if we are talking about seats on the other side of the track then that would truly suck. I am going forsure, just not sure where I wanna sit/stand.....

Who else is going? (need someone there to cheer for Canada)

Price was $16. With taxes it came to $21.20 each. It is the non-covered bleachers that are only 5 rows. The good thing is that we have had no problems standing there all game rather than sitting. The only bad thing is that it's quite a walk to the beer lineup. They are the same bleachers we sat at the WCQ games and the U-20 Brazil game.

I asked them specifically for a section that was empty, so hopefully we'll be able to get a group in that area. But whatever you guys decide its fine by me.

quote:Originally posted by gwallace76

I just got back from Ticketmaster. I've just purchased my tickets in the east side bleachers. Section N, Row 5, Seat 1 and 2. Let's get more people in this area and make some noise.

I am going to pick up my tix for that section as well then. Am just currently out of town so i have to wait another week to pick hem up. I don't want to do it oer the net or the phone...been hacked 1 too many times.

I've ordered 30 tickets today for Section N rows 3,4,and 5 seats 3 to 12. Since the demand has been great I will order another dozen or so for the same section tommorrow.

Here is the list of confirmed. I will hold tickets for the following.

Me-2

ynwa-8

The Beaver-7

Krammerhead-1

Johnnie Monster-1

B&W Army-1

r2-1

mgg-2

puskas-1

Morbital-1

masster-10

bdogg-2

Anyone else?

Bertuzzi44?

pulsar?

brandon?

Footy?

Let me know and I'll hold some for you.

Group rate is $11.76 per ticket.

I can arrange a meeting in the Greater Vancouver araa to get the tickets out to people or we can do it by mail.

quote:Originally posted by Vancouver Fan

I've ordered 30 tickets today for Section N rows 3,4,and 5 seats 3 to 12. Since the demand has been great I will order another dozen or so for the same section tommorrow.

Here is the list of confirmed. I will hold tickets for the following.

Me-2

ynwa-8

The Beaver-7

Krammerhead-1

Johnnie Monster-1

B&W Army-1

r2-1

mgg-2

puskas-1

Morbital-1

masster-10

bdogg-2

Anyone else?

Bertuzzi44?

pulsar?

brandon?

Footy?

Let me know and I'll hold some for you.

Group rate is $11.76 per ticket.

I can arrange a meeting in the Greater Vancouver araa to get the tickets out to people or we can do it by mail.

Count me in for three (3) tix. you can reach me at pulsar@shaw.ca and we can connect. Like i said i am out of town and will be back this Sat. Thanks for the big purchase Vancouver. Very cool of you.

Update as of Feb 19th.

I have the tickets available to distribute. E mail me at nazzc@hotmail.com to make arrangements to get the tickets. Including Geoff wallace we have over 40 so far in this section and I still have 2 tickets available.

The updated list is :

Me-8

YNWA-8

The Beaver-7

pulsar-3

Morbital-7

brandon-5

Johnnie Monster-1

Krammerhead-1

B&W Army-1

puskas-1

r2-1

Footy-1

malwa-2

mgg-2

Anyone else???

quote:Originally posted by Vancouver Fan

Update as of Feb 19th.

I have the tickets available to distribute. E mail me at nazzc@hotmail.com to make arrangements to get the tickets. Including Geoff wallace we have over 40 so far in this section and I still have 2 tickets available.

The updated list is :

Me-8

YNWA-8

The Beaver-7

pulsar-3

Morbital-7

brandon-5

Johnnie Monster-1

Krammerhead-1

B&W Army-1

puskas-1

r2-1