Galaxy redesiging kit

Raven

David Beckham is to help redesign the Los Angeles Galaxy soccer kit.

The British sporting superstar, who moves to the US this summer after agreeing a five-year £128 million deal, is pitching his ideas to revamp the team's garish yellow and green strip.

Tim Leiweke, president of AEG who own the club, said: "We have a good name but we need a more legendary, traditional kind of look and the kit and badge will change.

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/entertainment/tittletattle/article_21261643.shtml

I read an article somewhere where the new colours will be dark blue or something like that....Lalas said that the new team colours will make you think of looking into the night sky. Basically, what he is saying is Beckham won't be caught dead wearing that ugly Yellow and green kit and honestly, i don't blame him. i wouldn't have a problem buying a new Galaxy jersey with a new color scheme but there is not a chance that I'll buy a current jersey.

I think you will see a big revolution in the "look" of the MLS over the next couple of years. You will likely see more teams rebrand themselves as they try to take the league to the next level. This will include more name changes (such as the one Colorado is considering) and more kit redesigns. Selling merchandise is such a huge part of the soccer economy and frankly, the MLS hasn't given their fans a lot of attractive product to buy but it's starting to get better.

I don't know if Beckham likes or dislikes last years kit but you knew that there was going to be a kit re-design as soon as he put pen to paper.

And you'd have to suspect it was going to be a pretty dramatic change so that there would be no doubt as to who had the "proper" kit and who was still wearing the old obselete ones. I don't think it can get any more dramatic than going from yellow to midnight blue.

(shrug) The man makes his money selling kits. If they're sharp the Galaxy will sell a wack of them now, no questions asked.

P.S. Okay, just want to make it perfectly clear I've family in L.A. and they promised me a Galaxy kit next time they're Up North (which maybe this summer/autumn). So if anyone sees me in a Galaxy shirt IT'S A GIFT. I DON'T DO BANDWAGON. That is all.

Archived