Toronto FC Partner / Player announcement

mlsintoronto

We'll be announcing our Beer Partner and introducing a new player tomorrow. Supporters are welcome. Wear your jersey (conveniently you may pick one up from CentreSports at ACC on your way to...):

Bier Markt

58 The Esplanade

2:00-3:00pm

The folks at Bier Markt won't mind if you stay later. This is very last minute...sorry for the short notice!

Hope to see you there.

Paul

Hey this is a great place for those that don't want to loose weight.

Media turn out was 6 cameras only but speaking to one of the TFC coaches still a lot more than they were receiving in Chicago,in fact he seemed very happy with the media turn out,far far better than Chicago he kept saying.. The RED Patch boys were very well represented and I counted around 10 or so.All young guys full of enthousiasm.I am glad that Paul spent some good time with them.

Met one of Torornrto's finest would you believe his name was John Barnes.

Fell in love with soccer when the Irtish team played in the World cup and being of Irish decent he started to follow our game,great guy and also a season ticket holder.Carlsberg the new major sponsor put up a free beer show and it seems to work. The rep was born and raised in Denmark.

On the media site I really could not find out who was there other than 680.

Canadian Press was represented by someone who admitted not to know anything about soccer. Neil is out of town.

Dick Howard was there.Most of the ethnic media as well. Had a nice talk with "our"Rudi and he seems to have his sights set on the media.

Michelle seemed a little uptight I guess it is a big city and a huge and very important job.

Spoke to Paul and ticket sales are great. He seems to feel like me that this TFC team is going to be historic in it's potential and he said " he could not wait"well I am with you Paul,this thing is more than earth shattering.

Mo was Mo and the very best PR coaches I have ever seen.

Robinson exits Canaries

Thursday Feb 01 2007 12:32

Norwich City have released midfielder Carl Robinson to allow him to head the Major League Soccer to join Toronto FC.

The 30-year-old Wales international had been with the Canaries for a year, but will now head to Canada to link up with former team-mate Jim Brennan.

City boss Peter Grant said: "A couple of weeks ago a deal fell down for a midfielder and I said to Carl that I was looking for a different type of midfield player.

"Because he had been so good to me I didn't want to give him a bit part, so I gave him permission to speak to Toronto.

"The reason is because I think he has been terrific since he came here, absolutely brilliant."

http://www.football.co.uk/norwich_city/robinson_exits_canaries_241041.shtml

quote:Originally posted by john tv

The RED Patch boys were very well represented and I counted around 10 or so.

The U-Sector was there in equal force. In fact, you were standing talking to us for a good 30-45 minutes. :D

Sorry Rudi,but I asked these guys who they were and they rold me Red Patch Boys and I believe you were standing next to me. Maybe I don't know or am not aware of the difference. The Red Patch guy did tell me they had over 400 members.Well this is utterly fantastic and I was assured that they had their songs lined up as well.Red Patch, U section and Voyageaurs ,it is already bigger than anything I ever experienced during my Blizzard days.In fact during these days we had a bunch of skinheads and clearly remembered that I did not want any part of them.Our guys certainly look and act different already.

quote:Originally posted by john tv

Sorry Rudi,but I asked these guys who they were and they rold me Red Patch Boys and I believe you were standing next to me. Maybe I don't know or am not aware of the difference. The Red Patch guy did tell me they had over 400 members.Well this is utterly fantastic and I was assured that they had their songs lined up as well.Red Patch, U section and Voyageaurs ,it is already bigger than anything I ever experienced during my Blizzard days.In fact during these days we had a bunch of skinheads and clearly remembered that I did not want any part of them.Our guys certainly look and act different already.

Sorry If you have said this before, but do you have season tickets to join in all the singing and what not?

I don't have season tickets and yes I will purchase them without fail. I am a member of the media so I like to assume that I am entitled to a media pass,but besides that, I must buy these season tickets for my business and cost does not matter These games are a third of the cost of a hockey game. Hey I spent around 10 k on the Leafs every year.Have been doing this since 1963 so you figure what I have spent on season tickets never mind all the other munchie costs.

Singing to be very honest, I am terrible in remembering the words and even at Dutch games I sort of look around and really truly enjoy all that incredable passion. I am not any diferent than some or I would say most of the players when they play their anthem.There are those that do and those that don't, I am only glsd that the do's in the stands are in the vast majority.Besides I am way to old to start singing, I leave that up to the U section,Voyageur and Red Patch boys. I really hope they find some way to communicate what they will be doing during the game,song wise that is.

This thing will be so amazing and I can assure you that the crowds will rewrite sports history in North America and those other sports will be scratching their little helmnets and wonder how they could accomplish this,except I doubt that since these sports are not designed at all to have the crowds having a singing fest.Way to many play announcements and advertising as well.We will be so different and that is why we will see history in the making.As Paul said today "I can't wait" either.

Archived