BMO Field to Union Station?

Guest Dave

Was wondering if any TO residents could help me out with this. I'm thinking about going to the TFC game May 12 (likely 4 PM start). So presumably the game would end around 6 PM. I'd then grab a streetcar + subway to Union Station to catch a regular train.

At 6 PM on a Saturday, after a game, how long would it likely take to get from BMO Field to Union Station via public transit?

Thanks for any advice.

Probably a half hour by the TTC (being conservative and including walks to/from streetcars). It's not as easy as it could be (though they may put on some express buses or something).

The best option could be GO Transit (regional train) which stops right at the Exhibition and is one stop directly into Union. Actual travel time would be less than 5 minutes, but total time would depend on the train schedule.

Thanks Marktci. Looks like the train is not an option, unfortunately. I'll look into other arrangements. With any luck I may finally hook up with some Voyageurs who I've been interracting with online but never actually met. (I hope to be at the U20 match May 11 as well).

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

I think the plans have since changed.

He did write that very recently though.

I think it would be a silly waste of potential revenue to have what will probably be a sold out TFC match as a double bill with the tourney opener.

The two events played separately would far outstrip the 20k capacity of the stadium.

Heck, right now, if we added up the 11.1k to the numbers sold for the tourney, might we not already be over 20k?

db

quote:Originally posted by dbailey62

He did write that very recently though.

I think it would be a silly waste of potential revenue to have what will probably be a sold out TFC match as a double bill with the tourney opener.

You're probably right, that each match would likely sell out on its own, but I'm just repeating the info I've come across.

The U20 match would be a friendly btw, not the tourney opener, which wouldn't be for another month and a half.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

You're probably right, that each match would likely sell out on its own, but I'm just repeating the info I've come across.

The U20 match would be a friendly btw, not the tourney opener, which wouldn't be for another month and a half.

Thanks for pointing that out. Silly of me.

I will rethink my position.

db

Thanks guys. I can work out the travel arrangements from here.

Next question: How can I get a pair of seats for that May 12 game before it is sold out? Living 1400 miles away, obviously I don't have a season ticket. I have a feeling that when/if they start selling single game tickets, there will be a mad rush for the grand opener. Any ideas or insight?

Archived