Canada vs Honduras Video WC86

Bill Ault

My apologies in advance if this breaks the forum rules as per advertising but I thought this might be of interest to a few on the board...

It has come to my attention that the Canada vs Honduras World Cup qualifier for World Cup 86 will be coming available on DVD for $19.95 including S&H for anyone interested. The individuals involved will be releasing the DVDs through CanadaKicks and other soccer friendly sites / publications in the next few weeks.

Until then I have worked out a deal that anyone who pre-orders through me to February 15th can get a copy for $9.95. The pre-ordered DVD will come without any final packaging and be delivered via mail.

If you are interested please email me at bill@canadakicks.com

If the response is good a number of other Canadian Internationals from the 80s and 90s as well as an extensive package of CSL games may be made available.

Again my apologies if this breaks the forums rules and mods if it you must remove feel free - a more permanent link will be set up through www.canadakicks.com in the coming weeks.

Bill

Sounds good Bill.

May I suggest a tribute to the Gold Cup 2000 championship. There's plenty of good material in each match. Extended highlights and interviews. Corazzin winning the Golden Boot, his fantastic bicycle-kick goal, the Golden-Goal by Hastings against Mexico, the final with Columbia, etc......

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

Sounds good Bill.

May I suggest a tribute to the Gold Cup 2000 championship. There's plenty of good material in each match. Extended highlights and interviews. Corazzin winning the Golden Boot, his fantastic bicycle-kick goal, the Golden-Goal by Hastings against Mexico, the final with Columbia, etc......

I think the Gold Cup still has rights (fairly expensive ones at that) attached to it - I will check and see though.

It looks like the first CSL match might be available by Monday though.

Bill

Seems like the right forum for the topic to me.

Little more imformation though if you've got it. Love my bootlegs but they're just that, bootlegs. These DVDs, I take it are on the up and up? Packaged all pretty, formatted professionaly etc? How's the quality? Any idea.

Who's putting them out?

I've been meaning to harass redhat for access to his archive but it's a busy time of the year for us both. Would be very keen on any and all older Canada matchs. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

And the CSL matchs, or however that's going to be put together. That would be very interesting too. Man, it would be a real hoot. For me anyway.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Seems like the right forum for the topic to me.

Little more imformation though if you've got it. Love my bootlegs but they're just that, bootlegs. These DVDs, I take it are on the up and up? Packaged all pretty, formatted professionaly etc? How's the quality? Any idea.

Couple of more developments - I've now got a controlling interest in the endeavor and here is how we are going to proceed...

The initial run to gauge interest etc. will a basic DVD - just the game footage. Pre and post game shows when available. The quality of course depends largely on the quality of the original video but nothing will be released that is not up to a reasonable standard.

What I've decided to to make dvd cover's, labels and inserts for each available for download online - keeps costs down but makes all the "fluff" available if someone wants it.

I'm also looking for people who have good quality video available from the CSL days especially -- TSN, the CSA or anyone else I have contacted officially have NO archive video material of the CSL available so basically to rebuild the video history of the league we are going to be digging into people's private collections.

The first mainstream "product" is tentatively scheduled to be a highlight package from the 1987 CSL season with interviews with players, coaches etc. But that is in the distant future until we build the archive of game footage needed.

For now $9.95 gets you Canada - Honduras with a decent picture (3 stars of 5), perfect sound and a chance to see George Pakos and Igor Vrablic send Canada to the World Cup. Oh that and a chance to look at the those very fashionable "orange" CBC jackets.

Bill

quote:Originally posted by Bill Ault

Couple of more developments - I've now got a controlling interest in the endeavor and here is how we are going to proceed...

The initial run to gauge interest etc. will a basic DVD - just the game footage. Pre and post game shows when available. The quality of course depends largely on the quality of the original video but nothing will be released that is not up to a reasonable standard.

What I've decided to to make dvd cover's, labels and inserts for each available for download online - keeps costs down but makes all the "fluff" available if someone wants it.

I'm also looking for people who have good quality video available from the CSL days especially -- TSN, the CSA or anyone else I have contacted officially have NO archive video material of the CSL available so basically to rebuild the video history of the league we are going to be digging into people's private collections.

The first mainstream "product" is tentatively scheduled to be a highlight package from the 1987 CSL season with interviews with players, coaches etc. But that is in the distant future until we build the archive of game footage needed.

For now $9.95 gets you Canada - Honduras with a decent picture (3 stars of 5), perfect sound and a chance to see George Pakos and Igor Vrablic send Canada to the World Cup. Oh that and a chance to look at the those very fashionable "orange" CBC jackets.

Bill

Congratulations Bill. Best of luck with the project.

db

quote:Originally posted by Bill Ault

Just an FYI the first CSL release will be the 1991 Mita Cup Final between Toronto and Vancouver an EIGHT goal festival of attacking soccer that saw Vancouver win their fourth title.

The web site and ordering should be online tomorrow.

Bill

I remember it well. Two long rangers by Branko Segota put the Blizzard back into the game making into a contest.

We actually got kicked out of a pub for celebrating too loudly after Branko's first goal. Well, some of the guys did. After they left we flipped the game back on just in time to see an identical goal from Branko. We thought it might have been a replay.

I recall the semi-final very well. Justin Fashanu was suspended and watching from the sidelines. Pat Onstad was injured so Bryan Rosenfeld was in goal and IIRC, saved a penalty in extra time.

On second thought, was Pat red carded and we won a man down??? If anybody recalls or was there, please post!

I don't recall who we beat but it might have been Hamilton. I hope it was Hamilton! [}:)] Just checked. It wasn't. We beat North York 1 nil in game 3 of a 3 game series. I believe it was the only game Rosenfeld played in all season.

It was a freezing cold night at Centennial Park and the crowd rushed the field after the match.

Keep us up to date Bill.

Cheers

db

All Set:

Own a part of Canadian soccer history. All items are for sale through the CanadaKicks EBay store (http://stores.ebay.com/CanadaKicks)or click on Videos on the top menu at www.canadakicks.com . All videos are basic DVDs no fancy packaging or art work to keep prices low - $9.95 including shipping and handling to the U.S. and Canada.

The intent is to release as much National Team and CSL games from the late 80s as we can lay our hands on but we do not expect to move thousands or even hundreds of these so we have to economize as much as we can. Having said that we will not be realeasing anything that is not of reasonable quality.

Currently the following videos are ready for purchase:

The 1986 World Cup Qualifier between Canada and Honduras that sent Canada to the World Cup finals. The video quality is good (3.5 of 5) certainly viewable and the sound is excellent. watch George Pakos and Igor Vrablic score two of the most famous goals in Canadian soccer history.

Just $9.95 inc. S&H > Buy Now

If you want the fancy packaging you can download it free.

DVD Cover

DVD Face Label

DVD Insert

The 1991 Mita Cup Final between the Vancouver 86ers and the Toronto Blizzard. An eight goal festival of attacking soccer that saw Vancouver win their fourth straight title. Just $9.95 inc. S&H > Buy Now

Other Canadian memorabila for auction.

The 1979 Soccer Bowl Media Guide: Tampa Bay vs Vancouver

May / June 2006 Issue of Soccer Canada

quote:Originally posted by redhat

Just bought the Honduras WC qualifier. Thanks Bill!

May I suggest the final CSL game 1992: Vancouver vs. Winnipeg? That's a 2 game,

home & home final.

I'm working on all the finals - again it depends on what we can get for original footage. Pleasantly surprised by the response so far. The next few will be Canada's games in the World Cup against France, Hungary and the USSR. Those should all be available by week's end.

Archived