Hastings close to Inverness extension

Loud Mouth Soup

Richard Hastings believes he is close to agreeing a contract extension with Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

The 30-year-old has become a key member of the side after replacing club captain Stuart Golabek at left-back following an opening-day defeat.

"Discussions have been held between myself, my agent and the club, and they are going well," said Hastings.

Continued...

Just like the EPL the wage levels are all over the map. Hastings would be at the lower end being in Inverness. Probably a decent to better earner at Inverness, but overall a working mans wage in the league. Would get 80K pounds on a guess. Maybe a bit more, probably a bit less but around there abouts.

Hard to tell sometimes. There are always surprises. Both Fenwick & McKenna where amongst the top wage earners at their clubs before moving on/retiring, making some pretty damned good coin considering but they where at much bigger clubs during a period when wages were running up huge depts.

Still, we're talking Inverness Caley Thistle. 80K tops.

A couple of realy bad years, internationaly and professionaly and he lost his spot to Jazic.

Lots of life left in him as a defensive fullback. I'm sure he's going to get another shot at international play (and probably this year) as he's been very solid in Scotland. But there are other players coming up/into the mix who might keep him out of the left 'back position over the longer term.

Good for Hastings.

Natesta, you might be interested in these two paragraphs from a Neil Davidson article prior to the November game vs Hungary:

"Defender Richard Hastings is another possible veteran who may return to the fold down the line, Hart said. Hastings, who has 36 caps, has also not played for Canada in three years but is interested in making a comeback.

"Hart said he decided not to use the rash of injuries to call up Hastings because he did not want to make it look like a last-minute decision to have the Inverness Caledonian Thistle player rejoin the national team program."

• 3 months later...

With Josh Simpson and Mike Klukowski (though I haven't heard much of him since last season) It might be a prudent to move on from Hastings. in 2010 Hastings probably won't factor into the MNT so we might as well try and get kluk and simpson the experience to improve for then. unlike Hart though, I would think that one of our veterans who is still a quality performer should be the obvious choice to shore up injury problems.

Archived