Mother Of All Canadians Abroad - December 2007

Dear Mr. Knowitall,

Your post have motivated me to sign up on this forum. I fail to see how not having a pro league in Canada would lead people to not represent their country. I understand that most of our premier players have selected represent other countries, but this is more about advancing their club careers and cashing in. Today's soccer players have no loyalty to country or club (with few exceptions)

Owen Hargreaves was developed in Germany....is he giving back to England....no, but he had a fantastic WC and cashed in big time with ManU

Jono is going to cash in as well with a move to Chelsea. He'll be a blip on the dutch radar screen and be in and out of the lineup. I'm guessing 12 caps for him.

Although the CSA is in disarray, wearing the red in white means more than that. These guys are just mercenaries. I understand that heritage also has to do with their decisions, but does that mean their upbringing in Canada meant nothing? I understand their decision from a career standpoint, but have a hard time considering them Canadian. How they can consider themselves Canadian and turning their back on a country because of administrative issues is a scapegoat excuse and should be treated as such. One day they will realize how fortunate they were to have the upbringing they had and they will have to reconcile with their decisions.

and Vitoria will never set foot of the Portuguese team.....ever

I've read several of your posts now and although you have a educated argument, I truly believe your non chalant arrogance offends more than just me.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He just turned 18... He's a central defender and as it turns out the Scottish U20 World Cup Central Defender plays for Hibs - their coach said Nik compared favourably to him and was surprised he wasn't in Canada's U20 pool. Not only wasn't he in the pool, he wasn't even on the CSA radar...

quote:Originally posted by L.T.

He just turned 18... He's a central defender and as it turns out the Scottish U20 World Cup Central Defender plays for Hibs - their coach said Nik compared favourably to him and was surprised he wasn't in Canada's U20 pool. Not only wasn't he in the pool, he wasn't even on the CSA radar...

Thanks LT.

If he just turned 18, he is an 1989, which makes him eligible for the next U20WC. He better be on the CSA radar for that one.

• 3 weeks later...
quote:Originally posted by loyola

Frank Uccello sent me a PM telling me "Masciantonio has signed a 2 year deal with a C2 group C Scafatese Calcio, till 2009".

Thanks Frank.

I'm not sure if this is official yet. Apparently Celano (C2C) and Taranto (C1B) were also interested.

If he has moved to Scafatese he has gone from the first place team in his division to the 2nd last. Mind you, Benevento wasn't even playing him.

quote:Originally posted by Kurosawa

Could Dave Simpson be in Most??? I was looking for news about Hainault and there is a guy named Dave Simpson in the team page!!!

http://www.fksiadmost.cz/newphprs/showpage.php?name=soupiska

At the bottom of the page it says "Pøíchody:" and then a few names are listed (might this mean transfers in?)

Dave Simpson Knight - AC Sparta Praha - hostování (is "hostovani" a loan?)

Paging Sigma...

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

Hostovani in a direct translation means 'visitation' or 'guest'. I believe it means he is on loan.

Príchody means arrival.

I wonder if the loan of Simpson to Most was kind of a swap for Hainault, as it appears he is now with Sparta.

It might be a swap. I saw Dave Simpsons' name in the first paragraph of the article (posted by CND4EVR) confirming Hainault moving to Sparta. I thought they were probably talking about 2 Canadians now being on the Sparta roster, but maybe you're right and it was a swap.

This one: http://www.sparta.cz/cs/novinky/zpravodajstvi/fotbalove/8447.shtml

"Opaèným smìrem putuje na hostování do Mostu jeho krajan Dave Simpson" (I assume this means a loan to Most)

and

Nyní už obì strany našly kompromis. Most totiž potøebuje útoèníka a pìtadvacetiletý Simpson, rovnìž èlen širšího kádru kanadské reprezentace, by se mohl stát náhradou za odcházejícího Goèe Toleského. Simpson strávil podzim ve sparanské rezervì, ale velké jméno si udìlal bìhem loòského hostování na Kladnì, kde odehrál 15 zápasù a vstøelil jeden gól.

(Something about playing for Sparta reserves, and his loan to Kladno last year where he played 15 games?)

quote:Originally posted by mjd

I noticed that Reid Fraser is listed as playing with Sheffield Wednesday's U18s. Hes been in Victoria, BC for the last year. I saw him play on Saturday with his div. 1 team in Victoria. He only played 5 minutes, but nevertheless he is definately not playing over in England.

i could not find any information on him so i dont think hes with sheffield any longer

quote:Originally posted by nolando

my sheffield wednesday friend at work told me as recently as last month that Fraser was still on the books at Wednesday - is it possible that he is signed still but has permission to play back home?

That would be impossible under FIFA rules. Amateur or Pro you have to get permission from the national associations involved to move clubs between countries. For his sake I hope he didn't think he could just turn out for his old Victoria team while he was at home on holiday. The BCSA would throw the book at him and his club for that.

Archived