Canadians abroad: January 19-25, 2007

DJT

quote:Originally posted by Can. in UK

No - because he's injured.

I read on spurs' official site that he tore some cartilage in his hip. I have never heard of that injury but it sounds very serious. I hope he recovers. Its funny, I hated spuds and would never watch them if they were on tv. Then Paul joined up last year and I looked forward to seeing spurs on TV. Now he's not in the squad and I hate them again.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by shaku_bert

I read on spurs' official site that he tore some cartilage in his hip. I have never heard of that injury but it sounds very serious. I hope he recovers. Its funny, I hated spuds and would never watch them if they were on tv. Then Paul joined up last year and I looked forward to seeing spurs on TV. Now he's not in the squad and I hate them again.

This is sort of my take on Depor. I liked them as a Cinderella team in the mid-90s, then saw them get decadent and arrogant, turned right off them after they refused to play Cup ties on artificial surfaces of weaker opponents. Pathetic mentality. Then along comes Julian. If he is in the mix, I want them to succeed, but with him out of the picture most of the fall, I was glad to see them wallow and flounder. The day he transfers out, they can relegate for all I care; but now that he is starting again and the team is doing well, I want to see them in UEFA.

SC Heerenveen reserves won again, 2-1 at Rotterdam. Will Johnson played the first 80 minutes, unfortunately he was subbed out due to an ankel injury:

quote:Naast de blijdschap over de zege was er zorg over blessures van Garcia Garcia en Wil Johnson. Beide spelers vielen uit met een enkelblessure. Garcia Garcia moest al naar veertien minuten naar de kant. Johnson viel tien minuten voor het einde uit. ,,Ik weet niet hoe ernstig het is, dat moeten we nog even afwachten,’’ aldus Henk Herder.

They don't know how serious the injury is yet, they will have to wait and see (that is the gist of the quote from the coach).

edit: The team is saying he can go Friday if they need him (the first team, not the reserves) so I guess the injury isn't too serious.

Archived