TFC's New Signings

Allan

Hello Fellow Soccer Fans,

This is my first post. It feels great to no longer be a Voyageur virgin.

Let's get down to business. Does anyone know who Toronto FC is going to sign in the near future? Mo keeps talking about having two imminent signings.

It's not a big "IF" Peters signs....it's WHEN he signs. He has not done well at Ipswich lately and due to Canada's poor World Ranking and the small number of caps for Peters at the National team level he will not get a new work permit. My sources have also told me Ipswich is fine with that...it gives them a very easy out with Peters....I would say he is about 96.7% sure of signing with FC.........also look for someone from Norwich's midfield signing with FC in the next week.

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

Patriot...don't hold out on us...if you have more info, please share. I am not that familiar with Safri but he doesn't appear to be the captain of the Moroccan MNT so it doesn't jive with MoJo's hints.

I'm afraid you'll have to wait until Johnston makes the announcment himself.

Patriot - then don't allude to it. It only causes speculation and unrest.

(Sarcasm alert: Clearly you've never had a girlfriend! WHy do I say this? Cuz if you had you know not to start sentences such as, "I had something I wanted to tell you,.......oh, nevermind." If you had had a girlfriend you'd have known how she reacts to that!)

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

Patriot - then don't allude to it. It only causes speculation and unrest.

(Sarcasm alert: Clearly you've never had a girlfriend! WHy do I say this? Cuz if you had you know not to start sentences such as, "I had something I wanted to tell you,.......oh, nevermind." If you had had a girlfriend you'd have known how she reacts to that!)

Let's just say I'd rather keep all of my sources thank you very much....apparently you're not smart enough to figure it out for yourself and want to be spoon fed....ohh and btw I love it when my girlfriend has to "get" information out of me.....alot more fulfilling than your approach.

Patriot, you've never been wrong before, so please don't disappoint [:P]

I'd LOVE for Jaime Peters with TFC, although with the recent starts he's been getting I think the earliest we could expect him to join Toronto would be August.

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

OK Patriot...then let me say thanks for at least feeding us some inside info.

One last question...what's the time frame for making the announcement? early or late next week?

Mo had said it would be early this week.....I would hope he has an annoucement to make either today or tomorrow....but that is nothing new as he made mention of the signing last week.

and this little blurb from the same source was just below it:

January 23 2007

Town defender Jason De Vos has praised Town winger Jaime Peters following his performance against Colchester on Saturday.

De Vos: gJaime was head and shoulders above everybody else and showed what a talented young footballer he is.

gHe had his best match for Ipswich, and we all knew what he is capable of.

gJaime is not short of ability - he just needs the confidence to show it.h

I get the feeling these Devos and Peters comments are all just thinly-veiled sayonaras and that he is definitely on his way home, if a more than a little reluctantly.

Archived