WC qualifications are 1 year away!

Derosario23

Lets face it with no coach and no director it would appear as though Mitchell or Hart will get the job as head coach. I forsee no chance of qualifying unless drastic changes are made. I email Morgan Quarry the manager of our MNT and he states that an announcement will be made soon but he also said that in november. I cannot see us getting past the first round in the GC and I doubt we will score more than 2 unless more organization hapens within the CSA in such little time.

I love our Country and I want us to suceed. We have some talent but for some reason we can never get the results taht we should.Due to the lack of organization in the CSA it would appear as though we are too late for the GC and the WCQ. What are your thoughts?

There's no way we don't advance from the first round of the GC. 3 groups of 4 and the top 2 advance including the top 2 3rd place finishers. We're likely going to get one of Cuba, SVG, Martinique, Haiti or Guyana with us. Not to mention hopefully either T&T or Panama, Honduras will be the team to avoid. Anyways the GC isn't that important, it's about WCQ. Let's wait and see what happens with the coach and what kind of prep. we get before folding our cards. If we qualify for the Olympics that might raise some awareness too, especially if the U20's and TFC create a positive vibe in '07. Maybe some positive change will start to occur...

None of the MNT WC player prospects is going to lose substantial playing time if we don't have MNT games every couple of months between now and 2010. They are all professional players who get more than enough high level playing time with the regular clubs and ought to be able to adapt their game very quickly when needed. Situation is very different from the WNT. I am in no panic about the apparent delay in hiring a new coach or the lack of MNT games at this stage.

The Gold Cup could be a great springboard for the National Team heading into World Cup Qualifying. Failure to hire a coach any time soon however, will not give that person enough time to prepare making the tournament moot in terms of preparation.

quote:Originally posted by Richard

Is the GC experience really going to be materially different or less worthwhile preparation for WC qualifying for the professional players if the coach is Stephen Hart or some other high priced talent?

Yes whether we have a coach for the GC and who it is will affect the preparation for the WC.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

Yes whether we have a coach for the GC and who it is will affect the preparation for the WC.

I think the preparation for the 2010 WCQ should start at the GC and from there we should play a lot of games. If money is the problem, don't waste it on 1 or 2 friendlies in march or may, keep that money for games for fall 2007 or 2008.

I also feel like the new coach should be hired by march/april to give him time to check our players in Europe and North America.

I don't think it will have anything like the effect some people think. As for preparation for WC qualifying, the GC is very much a second rate tournament and will not likely have much impact on the men's team. I suspect it looms much larger in the minds of a few fans here than in the minds of the MNT players themselves.

I don't think it will have anything like the effect some people think. As for preparation for WC qualifying, the GC is very much a second rate tournament and will not likely have much impact on the men's team. I suspect it looms much larger in the minds of a few fans here than in the minds of the MNT players themselves.

It's a great way to use 3-4 or 5 international games for preparation. Euro seasons will be finish and most of our top players should be available, I think it would be wise to use this opportunity to prepare for the WCQ process.

If a new coach is appointed before the tournament, it's a great way for him to see most of our players.

Oh, I don't know. Depends what sort of "effect" you feel others might be anticipating.

A winning effect on players can't ever be over rated. It's worth it's weight in gold (Gold Cups that is! Ha, eh. ummm. yeah). And I'd like to see that winning effect starting to work it's magic on the NT and it's players before WCQ starts rather than after, thank you.

So second rate tournys and third rate WCQ opponents are great places to start.

As to the new NT manager (assuming of course one hasn't already been picked), this'll be his only opportunity to have a core together for any real time with competative matchs involved. The Gold Cup is the only real training period he's going to have between now and WCQ. So the longer we wait for a new manager the less time he's going to have to assess his player pool and make the correct choices in squad selection. So, the new manager has to make the absolute most of this Gold Cup get together and with ever passing day it becomes less and less likely that he can.

I think you, loyola and I are all pretty much on the same page together in that we put not a lot of value in the infrequent friendlys we play. Too little time spent too far apart to do any real good.

As to fan interest, I'd say the WYC has trumped the Gold Cup this summer in a very big way. But man, it's going to be a good summer for footie.

I suspect the players understand the value of preparation and identfying the best player options available and would rather attempt to qualify for the World Cup prepared rather than unprepared...I not sure what part of the last decade would lead you to believe that potentially 5 games uninterupted over a 3 week period would not be of significant value in getting ready for a qualifying process that starts less than a year after the tournament. Surely it is not the vast number of prepratory games and team camps that we normally undertake prior to the start of qualifying?

Any games would be better than none (which is what we get most of the time). Preparation for the next WCQ starts now, not at a training camp or exhibition games two weeks before qualification starts.

I can't remember exactly what the preparation was last time around, but I get the feeling it is more of the same and one can expect a similar result if something doesn't happen soon.

We have the players to make it, it is just so sad that so little is done about it.

One year away! Yikes!

Luckily for the CSA I've been thinking about the player pool for the Pre WCQ tournaments, not including the U-20s.

Gold Cup - MLS and USL players and guys who didn't play enough in Europe, 4-3-3, Stephen Hart still in charge.

------Sutton------

---Brasz-----Reda--

Pozniak-------Jazic

-------Serioux--

Bernier-------Brennan

---DeRo----Gonsalves

-----Ali----

Olympic Qualifying 4-5-1-Mitchell in charge by this point.

------Begovic---

---Edgar--Hainault

Ledgerwood----DeJong

-------Nunez----

----Rosenlund---

-Peeters--Gyaki--Lensky--

------Johnson---

Olumpic Tournament, with three overage players

------Begovic-----

---Edgar---McKenna--

Ledgerwood-----DeJong

--------Attiba---