Bjorn Osieck for CSA Boss

JesseDart

quote:Originally posted by Jamit

Is he still the Executive Director of BC Soccer?

Yes. He has been there for almost a year now. He understands the Canadian landscape. He has a legacy of 2 high end inddor soccer Facilities in Saskatchewan, a premier amateur league from U14 to Adult, and about a Million Dollar worth of sponsorship for the game in that province. He he can leave a legacy like that in Saskatchewan of all places, just think of what he can do for Canada.

quote:Originally posted by JesseDart

This guy will do miles better than Kevin Pipe.

But I thought that this role required a business man or someone with a strong business acumen. Sounds to me like Osieck is a "soccer guy". However, the role of technical director seems to fit his profile.

Perhaps a relatively minor point but Bjorn Osiek doesn't meet the 10 years experience criterion for the CSA job and he is also not yet 30, never mind 40 as suggested by another poster. He went to high school in West Vancouver with my youngest son for a couple of years. Doesn't mean Bjorn didn't do a great job in SK or couldn't do the CSA job, but he is having a positive impact in BC and I hope he stays here for a long time.

quote:Originally posted by Richard

Bjorn Osiek doesn't meet the 10 years experience criterion for the CSA job

Your kidding me right? Does this rule actually exist within the CSA? If it does, then it has to rank up there as the biggest proof of ineptness of any organization.

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

Richard,

Upon further reflection, I think that you incorrect about that 10 year seniority rule. I saw the posting for the position in the Globe and Mail. I don't recall any mention of this.

The posting I saw says:

"Throughout your 10+ years of progressive senior management experience, you've combined strong business acumen with a passion to lead extraordinary change, ideally within a diverse volunteer-led environment".

I assume that's where the 10 years is coming from.

quote:Originally posted by Bill Spiers

The posting I saw says:

"Throughout your 10+ years of progressive senior management experience, you've combined strong business acumen with a passion to lead extraordinary change, ideally within a diverse volunteer-led environment".

I assume that's where the 10 years is coming from.

I'm OK with that. The way I interpreted Richard's description, was that they wanted someone who was in the system for 10 years. Not that there is anything wrong with a candidate who has been involved with th game for 10 years but, setting in stone that criteria, would mean that you are excluding very many talented people.

Hiring Osieck as CEO would be a very good move IMO. He delivered the goods in Regina, is doing the job in BC and has the smarts, vision and drive to take the CSA to a higher level. I do not think his lack of exposure in Corporate Canada would be a drawback for more than a few months.

Welcome to the job. From what i know this guy is great and just what we need with all the various events etc coming up. I hope he has enough time to figure it all out and keep his priorities in line,there are so many.I met him once a couple of years ago.Don't really remember my impressions.

quote:Originally posted by Gordon

Hiring Osieck as CEO would be a very good move IMO. He delivered the goods in Regina, is doing the job in BC and has the smarts, vision and drive to take the CSA to a higher level. I do not think his lack of exposure in Corporate Canada would be a drawback for more than a few months.

Does anyone with some CSA insight even know if he is being considered/wooed? Do they even have any candidates in mind? It is bordering near disaster now - seeing that the YWC is this summer already. We have no official head of the organization other than the president. Who is running the show? Why is the CSA mum. We desrve to know what their plan is and a timeline of when we can expect a head of the CSA, a head Coach for the men's program and a technical director.

Archived