CSA MNT coach search

Canadiense

quote:Originally posted by Canadiense

So I think it is all about money... And since we do not have enough then what are the chances then for us to make it to 2010... I am not saying that our hopes to qualification rely on good coach, but there's a lot depends on the choice that we make.

My point is that if our program does not get the proper preparation for this time around then I can almost bet that we will NOT make it to 2010 sadly so...

If we want the best for the MNT, then the CSA has to do all it can and more in order to make it qualify to the world's most prestegeious tournament.

What does the CSA really want? Does it want Canada in South Africa 2010?

I am sure the CSA does, but the CSA is about far more than just the men's national team. This is in part I suggest why the new board of directors is placing such a high priority on marketing skills and experience for the new CSA CEO. There is no way that a significant increase in CSA income can be squeezed out of the existing membership or even government. The only option is the corporate sector who need to be sold on it and that takes a skilful and corporate savvy CEO.

Real payed top dollar for Beckham in order to get success both commercially AND on the pitch. Increased revenue allows further purchases of quality players and thus then the product on the pitch is increased, and then yet again commercially they profit.

You know the old saying, you must spend money to make money.

The CSA needs to go out and do the same. The CSA has to pay more money than many people (including myself) believe they are willing to in order to get us a quality coach so we can get to South Africa. That should be priority number one.

With success on the pitch comes much needed media attention, which then brings in more commercial sponsors. This increase in sponsorship has a trickle down effect providing the lower levels of the association with more funding. More success also means more heroes for the public to want to emulate, meaning higher registration, which creates even more money for lower levels of the associations.

When international tournaments roll around, hockey Canada doesnt hire the last World Junior coach, they go for the big boys.

Now if Canada's soccer registration is more than that of any other sport (including hockey), why cant we get someone we want, as opposed to only someone "we can afford?"

quote:Originally posted by maccaliam

Real payed top dollar for Beckham in order to get success both commercially AND on the pitch. Increased revenue allows further purchases of quality players and thus then the product on the pitch is increased, and then yet again commercially they profit.

You know the old saying, you must spend money to make money.

The CSA needs to go out and do the same. The CSA has to pay more money than many people (including myself) believe they are willing to in order to get us a quality coach so we can get to South Africa. That should be priority number one.

With success on the pitch comes much needed media attention, which then brings in more commercial sponsors. This increase in sponsorship has a trickle down effect providing the lower levels of the association with more funding. More success also means more heroes for the public to want to emulate, meaning higher registration, which creates even more money for lower levels of the associations.

When international tournaments roll around, hockey Canada doesnt hire the last World Junior coach, they go for the big boys.

Now if Canada's soccer registration is more than that of any other sport (including hockey), why cant we get someone we want, as opposed to only someone "we can afford?"

I couldn't have said it better myself

I wish I knew.

I would like to believe the CSA would have the ability to step up and offer a contract to a candidate that they actually see as an exciting prospect for both the immediate and longterm future for soccer in Canada.

And im sorry, someone like Mitchell does not fit that criteria at the present time.

How can a country like South Africa (were i believe Rugby and Cricket are bigger bc many still see soccer as the black boys game) offer Sven Goran Eriksson a (i admit only speculated) multi million POUND contract and Canada is struggling to find a few more dollars to hire a coach that shows both fans and players alike that the CSA is serious about Canadian soccer.

Remember, this coach not only has an impact on the immediate Canadian roster, but also on possible future players.

Does anyone actually believe that JD2/Lensky/Street/DeJong,etc aren'tkeeping an eye on who the next MNT coach is going to be?

quote:Originally posted by Richard

Does the CSA constitution (or even Canadian/Ontario law) allow them to operate with a budget deficit? In other words, no overdraft allowed?

Would "law" enter in it? If they could arrange a loan that would allow them to run a deficit for a period of time, would that not be legimate thing to do?

I won't even touch on the Constitution as I wouldn't have a clue.

db

Archived