Let's Go Out and Get Someone, If It's Not Too Late

cfof

Is there any chance of us getting a friendly for the FIFA-approved 6th or 7th of February? It'd be a great chance to debut the great new manager we're eventually going to get (seeing as it's that "new year" they've been talking about).

According to FIFA's website, there are plenty of teams who are also without a date this particular football-"weekend". Most of the prettiest girls have already been taken, but that's what happens when you're shy.

Belarus, Japan, South Africa, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bolivia, Paraguay, Trinidad and Tobago, Finland, Togo and Ecuador, among others, haven't got plans. I hope that Canada won't be sitting at home playing Super Mario Kart while everyone else is out getting lucky.

(I personally like the South Africa idea, as it's always good to know the people whose party you will soon be attending.)

Mind you, Super Mario Kart is a pretty darn good game. (But then again, I'm married.)

Considering we'd have a better chance of fielding a Euro-based squad at this time of year, I'd say Finland or Bosnia might be better bets. We lost handily to the Finns not long ago. I'd like to take another shot at them.

quote:Originally posted by The Beaver

We lost handily to the Finns not long ago. I'd like to take another shot at them.

The Finish national team I can deal with.

As for some of their supporters (aka "the nutty Finns") [:P] .... Let's just hope we get a result if we play them again. Would be nice were we to be instigators of the "friendly banter" rather than being its recipients this time around... :)

Oh yeah, and before I forget, SANTA CLAUS IS NOT A LAPLANDER... we all know he's a good Canadian! [}:)]

quote:Originally posted by The Beaver

Mind you, Super Mario Kart is a pretty darn good game. (But then again, I'm married.)

Considering we'd have a better chance of fielding a Euro-based squad at this time of year, I'd say Finland or Bosnia might be better bets. We lost handily to the Finns not long ago. I'd like to take another shot at them.

Hey Beave, we only lost 3-2

• 2 weeks later...

October 11, 2003 – International friendly

Ratina Stadium – Tampere, Finland

Canada 2 (0)

Finland 3 (3)

Goals: Finland: Mikael Forsell (14), Joonas Kolkka (16), Teemu Tainio (32); Canada – Tomasz Radzinski

(74), Dwayne de Rosario (85)

Canada: Pat Onstad (Lars Hirschfeld, 46), Richard Hastings, Mark Watson ©, Kevin McKenna, Paul

Stalteri, Ante Jazic (Dwaynde de Rosario, 46), Marc Bircham, Daniel Imhof, Jason Bent, Tomasz

Radzinski, Paul Peschisolido (Iain Hume, 70). Head coach: Colin Miller

Finland: Jussi Jaaskelainen, Marius Heikkinen, Janne Saarinen, Sami Hyypia © (Toni Kuivasto, 56), Petri

Pasanen (Mika Kottila, 79), Mika Vayrynen, Mika Nurmula, Teemu Tainio (Aki Riihilahti, 62), Mikael

Forsell, Alexei Eremenko (Daniel Sjolund, 72), Jounas Kolkka (Peter Kopteff, 46). Head coach: Timo

Walden

Archived