BMO Field Video

BrennanFan

richard...as i remember, it was like debating a junior high school student, and you became so non-sensical that i just gave up...if you call that losing, i guess i am guilty.

you guys have to admit, this stadium is seriously underwhelming....i am glad it is being built and that it has lead us to the MLS, but the building is a dawg.

As I recall the irrational and impractical arguments for putting in a natural grass pitch at BMO Field were what bordered on the non-sensical. My attitude has been pragmatic and realistic all along. You might regard that as non-sensical but most rational folk will not. That's life.

quote:Originally posted by trueviking

richard...as i remember, it was like debating a junior high school student, and you became so non-sensical that i just gave up...if you call that losing, i guess i am guilty.

you guys have to admit, this stadium is seriously underwhelming....i am glad it is being built and that it has lead us to the MLS, but the building is a dawg.

have you even seen it in person??? take the drive down to T.O. once the snow melts and give it a look-see in person before passing judgement. I have seen it up close and I think it's a very nice facility. It won't blow anyone away but you can't expect that with the limited budget that was available. A stadium is what you make of it. Fenway Park is a dump but that doesn't make it less of a shrine to baseball. When 20,000 screaming fans pack BMO Field, it'll be an awesome place to watch a match.

quote:Originally posted by trueviking

For $60 million or whatever it was, I think they've done a nice job. Let's be realistic.

• 2 weeks later...
quote:Originally posted by L.T.

MLS Cup >>> Rogers Centre???

I think that is a very distinct possibility.

The Dome is not a great soccer venue but not horrible and would be suitable for a major match like the international friendlies that were played there a couple of years ago.

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

I think that is a very distinct possibility.

The Dome is not a great soccer venue but not horrible and would be suitable for a major match like the international friendlies that were played there a couple of years ago.

Ya, a big crowd in there does look awfully good!

Game%20Pano%202.jpg

I truly believe that a 20k seat stadium is perfect.This is based upon my brothers love AZ alkmaar who just build a stadium with that maximum capacity. Hey it will be bigger than the ACC centre except soccer has that youth thing which does not exist in basketball and hockey.You will never see basketball or hocket teams. All seats are pre sold and 99.9% to those that have only two seats.I wonder if soccer will be the same,no youth just season ticket holders.I really don't know the answer unless you are a shareholder and want a great return on your investment and maximize the ticket cost per seat and this of course applies to the management in the firts place.I guess the youth will loose out in the long run.I suppose the correct solution is that all season ticket holders hoping they have children take them to the game.

quote:Originally posted by john tv

Hey it will be bigger than the ACC centre except soccer has that youth thing which does not exist in basketball and hockey.

Are you seriously suggesting that hockey and basketball games are free of children???

Archived