Checked out the Red Patch Boys site.....

Winnipeg Fury

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by BringBackTheBlizzard

The moderators were goaded with a rude and boorish email and then RPB posters were goaded on the messageboard as well with some very intemperate language. No way can Winnipeg Fury claim to be an innocent victim here.

And I'm not saying he is.

I've made it very clear that I disagree with his email. But I also think that as a mod, dsmart could have dealt with it better than posting it on the forum and illiciting some very expected responses.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

No need to hold yourself back on my behalf.

I'm not a member of the Red Patch Boys, I just post on their site from time to time, just as some of the RPB members post on our (the U-Sector) site.

Fury, I do disagree with your email (it could have been worded a bit more tactfully), but I agree that some of the responses have been laughable at best.

Even when I originally tried to calm things down by saying that your views aren't necessarily reflective of The Voyageurs as a whole, the first response I got from the mod (dsmart) that you originally emailed was "stay off our site... you're just trying to cause ****".

There are some very respectable posters over at RPB, and that's what keeps me posting there.

Trying to be civil in my response, as I assumed you were part of this group. I had a couple of laughs before they locked the thread.

What people think of my e-mail is irrelevant, as it was not meant for public discussion. Just whipped off a quick e-mail to the moderators to let them know about some other sites. Apparently it was biting, but big deal. They could have e-mailed back and told me to f**k-off. I would not have lost any sleep.

I certainly never thought that anyone would assume that I own the Voyageurs forum, as the one moron moderator insinuated.

I have never once visited the RPB site before today, and honestly had no idea what I would be dealing with. Why they would post my e-mail to start something is beyond me. Nothing against the RPB's, but they have some very serious losers in their midst. Kids that can't wait to be a real footy hooligans. I'm sure they have some quality members in their ranks and hope some of the want-to-be-hooligans do not damage the team too much. Pretty funny actually.

The moderators were goaded with a rude and boorish email and then RPB posters were goaded on the messageboard as well with some very intemperate language. No way can Winnipeg Fury claim to be an innocent victim here.

Innocent vitim ? Of what ? Yes, I sent an e-mail to the moderators and I have never stated otherwise. If you don't like it, tough luck. It wasn't a public post. If it infuriated the RPB's, they should complain to the moderators for posting a private e-mail. If I wanted to publicly slag the RPB's, I would have posted some slander on their site. So obviously that was not my intent.

Do you see the Voyageurs moderators posting nasty e-mails that they receive or making public, feuds between individual posters ? Of course not, because it would be irresponsible and pointless.

You better go back to your homies, and prepare the plans with the rest of the kids for jumping me when I head to a TOFC match. Don't forget the spray jerkoff.

Having met a very small selection of RPB members, I cannot speak of them as people, because I only know them as internet personalities. Much like any internet message board.

That being said, their group is going to be situated right next to mine for the entire season at BMO Field, so hopefully your fears of them being merely kids who can't wait to be footy hooligans are just that, fears. From what I can tell, most of the RPB group is just fine.

If you drop by Toronto for a TFC match, feel free to join up with the U-Sector. We'll surely have extra tickets for each game amongst our ranks, as not everyone will be able to make it out to every single game. We'll have a pint or three at a local bar before and after most matches (likely at the Wheatsheaf, the oldest bar in Toronto and a 5 minute streetcar ride from the stadium). This offer goes for all Voyageurs nationwide.

Check out our site if you have a chance: http://usector.ca

More intemperate language aimed at goading people into a response. I personally hope that this is the last we'll see of Winnipeg Fury on the RPB board. There are no hooligans involved with RPB and to insinuate otherwise is just hysterical nonsense.

My intemperate language is a direct response to your post, but I see you have no intelligent reply to my points.

Beat it, and go lord over your 13 year old toads.

Having met a very small selection of RPB members, I cannot speak of them as people, because I only know them as internet personalities. Much like any internet message board.

That being said, their group is going to be situated right next to mine for the entire season at BMO Field, so hopefully your fears of them being merely kids who can't wait to be footy hooligans are just that, fears. From what I can tell, most of the RPB group is just fine.

If you drop by Toronto for a TFC match, feel free to join up with the U-Sector. We'll surely have extra tickets for each game amongst our ranks, as not everyone will be able to make it out to every single game. We'll have a pint or three at a local bar before and after most matches (likely at the Wheatsheaf, the oldest bar in Toronto and a 5 minute streetcar ride from the stadium). This offer goes for all Voyageurs nationwide.

Check out our site if you have a chance: http://usector.ca

I will definetly let you know if I am coming. I am considering running the Mississauga Marathon in May, but I am waiting to see if TOFC will have a home match that weekend. Then I have to talk the wife into it.

I'm also assuming that there will be a double-header with the national team. Waiting for the full schedule

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

whoa, thats the first and last time i will venture to the RPB site. a real eye opener for me, i guess the truth is that there will be many TFC supporters who are completely ignorant regarding canadian soccer, and are just looking for an excuse to get drunk and be 'supporters'.

Don't know about "most" but there's a couple of fellows on that site who've got no clue. Writting nonsense on an internet forum doesn't equal anthing though. Just a bunch of mouth. Some of the lads on this forum get on a roll sometimes too. We all know that, eh?

That being said, I don't think it's absolutely necessary for TFC supports to be Canada supports and those of us who follow the Canadians with enthusiasm shouldn't get too shook up about it. It's a club team 1st and foremost no matter how it's marketed.

And I'm not saying he is.

I've made it very clear that I disagree with his email. But I also think that as a mod, dsmart could have dealt with it better than posting it on the forum and illiciting some very expected responses.

Exactly.

Very poor form. If Fury was being melodramatic to make a point so what? The point was made privately between himself and this moderator and then made public for some cheap entertainment for this mod.

Very poor form.

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

My intemperate language is a direct response to your post, but I see you have no intelligent reply to my points.

Beat it, and go lord over your 13 year old toads.

As far as I'm aware this guy is not a moderator on here. I would hope the real moderators will remind him that it is not his place to order people about like this.

I will definetly let you know if I am coming. I am considering running the Mississauga Marathon in May, but I am waiting to see if TOFC will have a home match that weekend. Then I have to talk the wife into it.

I'm also assuming that there will be a double-header with the national team. Waiting for the full schedule

The Mississauga Marathon, eh? That usually falls on Mother's Day, I believe. Hopefully the weather for 2007's version is better than this year. Either way, the course itself is very nice, a lot of it along the lakeshore.

We haven't heard anything about any double-header, but we know that the stadium's "Grand Opening" is May 12, the day before Mother's Day, against a glamour opponent to be announced later.

As far as I'm aware this guy is not a moderator on here. I would hope the real moderators will remind him that it is not his place to order people about like this.

I don't recall you complaining when member's of the RPB's were threatening me with violence ?

Go crawl back under your rock.

The Mississauga Marathon, eh? That usually falls on Mother's Day, I believe. Hopefully the weather for 2007's version is better than this year. Either way, the course itself is very nice, a lot of it along the lakeshore.

We haven't heard anything about any double-header, but we know that the stadium's "Grand Opening" is May 12, the day before Mother's Day, against a glamour opponent to be announced later.

Yes, I believe that's the weekend of the marathon ? Have you run it ?

A glamour opponent ? I was hoping this would be a league match.

I don't recall you complaining when member's of the RPB's were threatening me with violence ?

Oddly enough, I was also threatened with violence in that same thread, but those posts were deleted by another mod.

Yes, I believe that's the weekend of the marathon ? Have you run it ?

No, I haven't run it. I have a few friends who have done the full and the half, as well as my parents (both runners their entire lives) who have don't both.

quote:A glamour opponent ? I was hoping this would be a league match.

From the official site:

Toronto FC will celebrate the world's most beautiful game during BMO Field's Official Grand Opening Weekend on Saturday, May 12, 2007. The opponent for that game has yet to be announced. During that entire weekend, there will be a number of events and festivities at Exhibition Place to celebrate the start of professional soccer in Toronto that fans can enjoy including stadium tours, and autograph sessions.

The first home (league) match is April 28 vs. the KC Wizards. The rest of the schedule will be released by the end of January.

How could I goad the RPB's, when I never made a post ? Goading justifies violence ?

I guess I can kick your ass.

It is time this poster apologized for his rude and boorish email that started all this off in my opinion. Until he apologizes for his misdeeds he is in no position to demand others to do the same.

Threatened ? For what, condemning my post (that wasn't a post) ?

Some serious losers in their ranks.

It was just some idiot looking for attention. I made the mistake of not towing the RPB line of calling you or The Voyageurs a bunch of a$$holes in that thread, and one moron decided to take personal shots at me (to which I obviously responded). He then proceeded to let me know that he will be waiting for me at the next U-Sector meeting.

I told him to get a life, and that was the end of it.

It is time this poster apologized for his rude and boorish email that started all this off in my opinion.

This 'poster' never made a post loser, and you are the only one worked up.

Why did you not get this worked up when I was threatened with violence on the RPB site ? I guess the high-road was simply not convenient at that time.

It is time this poster apologized for his rude and boorish email that started all this off in my opinion. Until he apologizes for his misdeeds he is in no position to demand others to do the same.

BBTB, is threatening physical harm a justifiable action for 'goading' some people on the internet?

Is that what the RPB is about now?

Archived