Checked out the Red Patch Boys site.....

Winnipeg Fury

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont understand why you are saying this about us. we are all here to support tfc and canadian soccer, are you? Im sure if you really were a true canadian and canada fan you wouldnt be saying **** like this. our section at bmo field has been sold out for tfc and im sure there will be plenty of support and many members attending canadian matches. canadian soccer is discussed under the toronto fc heading and there is no problem. so dont start up topics on this and never send us another email regarding how much we support toronto fc.

red patch boys

Most of the hardcore Canadian national team support in Toronto is represented by the U-Sector.

If RPB don't feel the need for a Canadian sub-forum, that's their prerogative. But WF, did you really need to call them a bunch of American wanna-bes?

thanks rudi

but the reason we dont actually have a canadian soccer stub is because the forum was originally intended for just tfc and not even made by a red patch boy. The maker of the forum is living in the uk and is not a rpb. Our forum was just inteneded for tfc talk but became much more. The red patch boys just made that forum ours.

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

The last paragraph was deleted because of its content.

But that was the best part :D

EDIT: The above sentence may be construed that I agree with Cashcleaner's assessment of Winnipeg Fury as written in the last paragraph of the original letter, but I do not. We've both been on this board for years and I respect his views as a poster.

But I also just love a good internet slap fight. ;)

Guest Jeffery S.

Obviously WF was in no position to speak in the name of Voyageurs, he blew it, as in the end because of his lack of tact there are a bunch of guys, however juvenile in their reactions, creating negative vibes towards everyone here.

So obviously Dwayne should explain himself. Especially since his first e-mail to them was clearly offensive and provocative and not at all constructive.

I personally am pleased to see RPBs so lively and doing well, and think it is great that there is more than a single supporter group for FC TO, which means a livlier atmosphere and a bit of choice for anyone looking for one. Hopefully, when Canada plays in Toronto, there will be also reps from all existing supporter groups in the city present.

Was indeed surprised, must say, after reading that thread on their site, how puerile a few of them came off. Must be some real adolescents in there who haven't a clue about the Canadian game.

quote:Originally posted by BringBackTheBlizzard

People can judge for themselves whether this article I wrote last week really had nothing to do with Toronto FC and Canadian soccer:-

No one here is disputing RPB's link to Toronto FC.

I am responding to the following comment:-

http://www.toronto-fc.com/viewtopic.php?t=1574&start=0

Nice to see you guys post articles on Lamar Hunt, even though he has nothingto do with Canadian soccer. I wonder if English forums would post articlespraising Branz Beckenbaur, while ignoring their own ? (as the US is ourbiggest rival)

Guest Jeffery S.

Nice to see you guys post articles on Lamar Hunt, even though he has nothingto do with Canadian soccer. I wonder if English forums would post articlespraising Branz Beckenbaur, while ignoring their own ? (as the US is ourbiggest rival)

I don't follow your articles, and that one was okay (I think it was essentially wrong but let's not get into that), but I will say that if you are writing weekly it makes sense to touch on aspects such as this from time to time. So you should not be criticized for a supposed general tendency on the basis of a single article.

It is essentially wrong, however, as you write from a totally narrow N American perspective, and even then do not recognize the existence of stadiums built for soccer and/or ideal for the game before Hunt came along. Smaller perhaps, but in existence. Never mind the studies done on soccer specific in other parts of the world before the Columbus stadium was built which helped inspire the project you refer to.

Ah... gotcha.

Let me say that I did not post the e-mail, but sent it to the RPB moderators, who then chose to post it and make a big deal out of it. My response:

Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:11 pm

Post subject:

I see I have ruffled a few feathers on this site.

Allow me to apologize and wipe away your tears. I had no idea you girls were such a sensitive bunch.

Sorry, but the fact the web-site is run from the UK does not change the fact that you could have more Canadian content on your links.

And no, 'The Voyageurs is not my site.' Merely suggesting such, illustrates just how naïve you are (and no, I'm not being condescending).

Now that we have established that I am a monster, allow me to suggest the following links to Canada's major soccer sites: BC Soccer Web, The Voyageurs, Canada Kicks, Inside Soccer Magazine, etc...and no, they are not my sites.

All the best to TOFC. With a bit of luck, I hope to make it to a match this season.

whoa, thats the first and last time i will venture to the RPB site. a real eye opener for me, i guess the truth is that there will be many TFC supporters who are completely ignorant regarding canadian soccer, and are just looking for an excuse to get drunk and be 'supporters'.

nothing really wrong with WFs email, in my view.

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

Meh, the hostility could have waited until at least the third or fourth email (:D), but then again, that mod really didn't need to post the email on the forum for all to see.

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

whoa, thats the first and last time i will venture to the RPB site. a real eye opener for me, i guess the truth is that there will be many TFC supporters who are completely ignorant regarding canadian soccer, and are just looking for an excuse to get drunk and be 'supporters'.

Out of respect for Rudi, I am trying to remain civil. You have to read some of these posts to believe it.

Nothing was posted on the RPB forum. I sent a private e-mail to the RPB moderators. They then chose to post my e-mail for the sole purpose of causing friction between the two groups.

First he goads people into a response and now he scurries back and pretends to be the innocent victim in all of this. Beneath contempt.

Exactly what 'people' did I goad into response ? The moderators that I e-mailed ?

If i wanted to slam the RPB, I simply would have posted my comments ?

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

Out of respect for Rudi, I am trying to remain civil. You have to read some of these posts to believe it.

No need to hold yourself back on my behalf.

I'm not a member of the Red Patch Boys, I just post on their site from time to time, just as some of the RPB members post on our (the U-Sector) site.

Fury, I do disagree with your email (it could have been worded a bit more tactfully), but I agree that some of the responses have been laughable at best.

Even when I originally tried to calm things down by saying that your views aren't necessarily reflective of The Voyageurs as a whole, the first response I got from the mod (dsmart) that you originally emailed was "stay off our site... you're just trying to cause ****".

There are some very respectable posters over at RPB, and that's what keeps me posting there.

Archived