Should the csa save the csl

jaydog2006

The AVERAGE was 500, in the same way that the average crowd of a league that draws 999, 999, 1 and 1 is 500. The Serbian crowds (1,000-2,000) + the Serb-Croatia games and the finals (again, because of the WE and Croatia fans) attracted big crowds, skews the average attendance.

In this case, the median average is what counts.

quote:Originally posted by CSL Commissioner

3. The league has received expansion inquiries from prospective owners in Barrie, Kingston, Kitchener, Hamilton, Halifax, Winnipeg, Laval, Quebec City, and international groups representing Greek, African, Indian, and Chinese communities in the past 6 months.

You mention Halifax as one area willing to apply to the CSL. Would it not make more sense then to create an Atlantic conference consisting of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and PEI? This is already being done with the Aliant Atlantic Premier League, where the best clubs from the NB, NS and Nfld rugby unions(6 teams in all) play against each other in a home and away series?

Looking forward to your reply.

Richard, are you mellowing with old age or are you just trying to be your innerself, nice, charming and a closet lover of the CSL? Kind words are appreciated.

Windsor's home attendance was around 1200 for a couple of their games, and there is no reason other than poor promotion by the owners to fill the seats like they did in the first year of play where they averaged 700 - 1100 per game.

The balance of the games in 2006 ranged between 150 - 350 attendace.

As to how many free tickets were given out, one can only speculate.

They did get 1500 to 2000 out at their Spring game with Clyde FC of Scotland, the majority of which paid $10 for that match.

Serious promotion by the Border Stars would yeild much better paid attendance and field a better team.

quote:Originally posted by T5

Richard, are you mellowing with old age or are you just trying to be your innerself, nice, charming and a closet lover of the CSL? Kind words are appreciated.

Windsor's home attendance was around 1200 for a couple of their games, and there is no reason other than poor promotion by the owners to fill the seats like they did in the first year of play where they averaged 700 - 1100 per game.

The balance of the games in 2006 ranged between 150 - 350 attendace.

As to how many free tickets were given out, one can only speculate.

They did get 1500 to 2000 out at their Spring game with Clyde FC of Scotland, the majority of which paid $10 for that match.

Serious promotion by the Border Stars would yeild much better paid attendance and field a better team.

Thanks but you have just confirmed the point about average attendance across the league. Of course more money spent on marketing or better quality product on the field will invariably sell more tickets but if that's not happening well...

I have no problem with the CSL and wish the league every success. My only criticism is when the commissioner comes on here and spins some grand story making out that the league is something it is not, at least not yet. I have seen games in the top amateur men's premier division in Vancouver draw the kinds of numbers you are describing, even more sometimes at playoff time and cup finals. The CSL really has to do better than that to achieve the kind of credibility that the commissioner seeks. I suspect most folks in this forum are pragmatic enough to take what the commissioner says with a pinch of salt, it is his job to boost the league after all :-)

quote:Originally posted by L.T.

"The league's attendance last season was about 500 people per game average"

and

"all teams avg 500 fans"

are two different things... to me anyway.

(the first I would tend to believe, but not the second)

CSL/CPSL been going since 1998 ...

to settle this, why doesn't the league for once in its life publish its attendance figures ... if the W-League (an amateur league) does it, why doesn't the CSL (the league says it's pro) ...

Guess who announces the attendance to the media,the media guy,guess what,they are all the same,they double the figures if they can.These figures for any sport mean absolutely nothing at all.Figments of imagination,speculation, all the wrong words.What we have to strive for in our sport is figures that represent accurately what is correct.Will it ever happen I doubt it,maybe another 20 years.It's to easy to "you know what"

Anyway those that attend our game are very lucky to be part of history in the making.You know it's funny when I go to these games to meet and see people who care and are even more involved in supporting a team and soccer.Sometimes mindboggling to see that loyalty.

Archived