TSN Grabs Euro 2008 Rights

Bill Ault

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still not convinced that Sportsnet is being shut out. More of I'll believe it when I see it kinda thing. They've spent years building that Sat. morning time slot.

I dunno even if they get a Bundesliga, Serie A, Pimera , SPL, Eredivise. Ligue 1. FA Cup etc. they're gonna have at least two games. Doesn't Fox still own a part of Sportsnet?

Just seems to me Rogers spent to much building that time slot to walk away completely. But most of you guys know a lot more than me.

quote:Originally posted by argh1

I'm still not convinced that Sportsnet is being shut out. More of I'll believe it when I see it kinda thing. They've spent years building that Sat. morning time slot.

I dunno even if they get a Bundesliga, Serie A, Pimera , SPL, Eredivise. Ligue 1. FA Cup etc. they're gonna have at least two games. Doesn't Fox still own a part of Sportsnet?

Just seems to me Rogers spent to much building that time slot to walk away completely. But most of you guys know a lot more than me.

I would love to see SPL matches on Sportsnet. IIRC, FSWC showed them for a year or two and then just dropped them from their schedule. Does anyone know if anyone owns the Canadian TV rights for SPL matches?

quote:Originally posted by Alberto7

I would love to see SPL matches on Sportsnet. IIRC, FSWC showed them for a year or two and then just dropped them from their schedule. Does anyone know if anyone owns the Canadian TV rights for SPL matches?

Setanta Sports North America, i believe.

Archived