Lynx are finally out of the A-League

With all the hype that Toronto has finally joined MLS, this is perhaps the most insignificant post right now on this forum. Anyway, for those who have not noticed recently, the A-League website has now removed the name Lynx from their team listing. This gives all confirmation that the Lynx are now dead and buried.

quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

Anyone know what happened to the Blizzard? I haven't seen them in the papers lately.

I heard they are alive and well playing in the Canadian Fantasy Soccer League. In this league they have fantasy players, fantasy fans and even a fantasy poster who posts on the Voyageurs forum.

quote:Originally posted by Luis_Rancagua

With all the hype that Toronto has finally joined MLS, this is perhaps the most insignificant post right now on this forum. Anyway, for those who have not noticed recently, the A-League website has now removed the name Lynx from their team listing. This gives all confirmation that the Lynx are now dead and buried.

The king is dead. Long live the king and all that. Luis, if you want to get involved with a Toronto FC fan group in the way you used to be with section H when the Blizzard were around, you are welcome to join the Red Patch Boys:-

http://www.toronto-fc.com/

We are open to all and it is always good to see people who are genuinely passionate about our sport.

I remember my first meeting of the Toronto crowd.

Everyone was waiting with baited breath for Luis.

The hour of the meeting had changed and had been re-posted, yet awaiting on the V board was a message from Luis saying that he came to the pub (Duke of York) at the former time and looked all around for them and couldn't find them.

Quite a story.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

BBTB, do you actually think that Luis is a real person?

Even if he is, he ain't showing up for any RPB events, that's for sure.

Well somebody is obviously sending the messages and in the past from what I remember Luis has even posted an old NASL era picture of himself and other section H members from the Toronto Star. As stated he is welcome to be part of RPB.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by BringBackTheBlizzard

Well somebody is obviously sending the messages and in the past from what I remember Luis has even posted an old NASL era picture of himself and other section H members from the Toronto Star. As stated he is welcome to be part of RPB.

Thanks for writing a sincere post and not baiting like the other losers in on this thread, what a bunch of suckholes we have to put up with.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Thanks for writing a sincere post and not baiting like the other losers in on this thread, what a bunch of suckholes we have to put up with.

Yet you were one of the first to make fun of Luis when the aforementioned Toronto meeting happened and he posted that now infamous excuse for not showing up at the proper time.

If the rest of the people in this thread are losers, at least they're not duplicitous losers.

quote:Originally posted by Luis_Rancagua

I'm everywhere. I even live inside your toilet, garbage trash, underneath your bed, inside your closets, etc... As for the opener on April-28/2007, I will definitely be there. Cheers............

Luis, if you truly do exist (and not as someone's sockpuppet), I'm giving you an open invitation right now for the U-Sector/RPB get-together set for Toronto FC's first ever match on April 7, 2007, tentatively to be held at Scallywags at Yonge and St. Clair. I will personally buy you a beer if you show up.

I've written similar open invitations for you before, only to have you agree that you will be there 100%, and then not show up when the actual time came.

Hopefully this is enough notice for you.

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

you cant insult the guy and then invite him out all in the same thread. bad form. insisting someone is not real is not nice, neither is bringing up the past when it should be left in the past in order to really welcome the guy into your group.

I didn't insult him. I merely called in to question his existence (as something other than a sockpuppet used by an existing board member to take the piss out of everyone else on this board).

And this is not the first time I've invited him out. I want Luis to come out to our events, just to prove all the naysayers (including myself) wrong. Toronto FC needs someone of Luis Rancagua's supposed passion and hardcore attitude within the ranks of the diehard fans, and I'll gladly eat crow if he ever shows his face in public (with some sort of proof of identification).

I can't speak for the rest of the U-Sector, but personally I feel that we need more of Luis' kind in our midst, older guys who have seen the heyday of the Blizzard (I was but a tyke at the time and didn't really 'get' it) and are willing to show us young guys what supporting a team is all about.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

I see you are taking the high road once again, Jefferey. What a man of principal and honour you are. What patience to put up with all of us losers, baiters and suckholes. Actually even our imaginary poster has a lot more class than you do.

Archived