Best Next Step for Canadians in Europe?

Ian Kennett

There are a few Canadians in Europe who are presently near the end of contract or have not been able to win a regular spot in their respective squads. This includes Radzinski, Stalteri, de Guzman, and Gerba. (have I missed anybody?) What should these lads do to better their playing status? Remember that the January transfer window approaches.

Would, for example, Radzinski be able to score more in The Bundesliga?

What are your ideas?

Cheers!

Julian DeGuz should go to a top team in Holland or Bundesliga.

Gerba needs to buckle down and work his way into a starting spot.

Jaime Peters should move far away from Ipswich.

Patrice should go to Rosenborg or Holland.

Radz and Diesel should stay put.

Julian DeGuz shouldn't go to Feyenoord for obvious reasons so I don't want him to go to Holland, it's too risky. Bundesliga would be a good move.

Peters has started a few games for Ipswich, let's hope he can gain some consistency there.

I like the idea of Bernier in Holland, that would be a great league for him.

Larry should go back to Germany.

Radz is going to be 33 in a couple of days. Let's face it, his time in the EPL is coming to a close(especially that he is not scoring goals). That being said, if he can sign with a lower division team in the Championship or another EPL club(somewhat unlikely) he should. Lower than the Championship, it would have to depend on the money offered and the city where the club is based.

I personnaly think he will finish off this season at Fulham, get no takers in the EPL for next season and join Toronto FC(where he will play several more years).

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

I should have some details about Bernier tonight ;).

As for JDG, going to Feyenoord and overseeing his brother would be a *great* thing for potentially rallying him to Canada, as long as he can get minutes (Julian).

One of the only arguments we can use for him to play for Canada is that he'll play with his brother, so if he's already playing with him in Feyenoord the appeal won't be there.....

Sandro Grande is among a number of players who have publicly stated they would rather leave Molde now than spend a year in the norwegian 1st division. Molde - who finally hired a new coach - would prefer to keep him as they want to go straight back up to Tippeligaen.

Stephen Ademolu is wanted back in Trelleborg in Sweden, but Tromsø are refusing to sell.

Patrice Bernier is quoted in norwegian media today saying he could well end up back in Norway with IK Start "if Start are still interested". (Word has is they are definitely still interested, but are also pursuing other options)

No word on Kenny Stamatopoulos, but he could quickly find himself the 3rd choice in Tromsø when Knut Borch returns from injury.

Lars Hirschfeld has been resting a sore back while Rosenborg have been bombing in the Royal League, but is definitely their no. 1

Ali Gerba will already be back in Sweden, and is going nowhere without an attitude adjustment and better work ethic.

Olivier Occean has been scroring again for Lillestrøm as they have been doing well so far in the Royal League. If he keeps it up, he may salvage a horrible season and start to attract some notice from the continent again.

I have not heard anything about Chris Pozniak or Marco Reda.

quote:Originally posted by Alberto7

Radz is going to be 33 in a couple of days. Let's face it, his time in the EPL is coming to a close(especially that he is not scoring goals). That being said, if he can sign with a lower division team in the Championship or another EPL club(somewhat unlikely) he should. Lower than the Championship, it would have to depend on the money offered and the city where the club is based.

I personnaly think he will finish off this season at Fulham, get no takers in the EPL for next season and join Toronto FC(where he will play several more years).

I think someone in a quality Euro league will offer him much more $$$ than TFC ever could and he'll sign one last contract across the pond. By the end of that (2 years?) he'll finish off his career with MLS for a year or so.

Jason

quote:Originally posted by Start fan in exile

Sandro Grande is among a number of players who have publicly stated they would rather leave Molde now than spend a year in the norwegian 1st division. Molde - who finally hired a new coach - would prefer to keep him as they want to go straight back up to Tippeligaen.

Stephen Ademolu is wanted back in Trelleborg in Sweden, but Tromsø are refusing to sell.

Patrice Bernier is quoted in norwegian media today saying he could well end up back in Norway with IK Start "if Start are still interested". (Word has is they are definitely still interested, but are also pursuing other options)

No word on Kenny Stamatopoulos, but he could quickly find himself the 3rd choice in Tromsø when Knut Borch returns from injury.

Lars Hirschfeld has been resting a sore back while Rosenborg have been bombing in the Royal League, but is definitely their no. 1

Ali Gerba will already be back in Sweden, and is going nowhere without an attitude adjustment and better work ethic.

Olivier Occean has been scroring again for Lillestrøm as they have been doing well so far in the Royal League. If he keeps it up, he may salvage a horrible season and start to attract some notice from the continent again.

I have not heard anything about Chris Pozniak or Marco Reda.

Has Stamatopoulous shown enough in league play that other Norwegian teams would be interested? I can't see any reason for him wanting to stay in Trosmo as it stands.

I can't blame Grande. He's not exactly a young player anymore and likely feels that the drop will hurt his career (and he's probably correct).

Jason

quote:Originally posted by Jason

Has Stamatopoulous shown enough in league play that other Norwegian teams would be interested? I can't see any reason for him wanting to stay in Trosmo as it stands.

I can't blame Grande. He's not exactly a young player anymore and likely feels that the drop will hurt his career (and he's probably correct).

Jason

Kenny had a horrible season, and was possibly the lowest-rated of all keepers who started a game this year. The only way he'll attract the interest of another tippeligaen team is if they're truly desperate.

According to Bernier he has been in talks with Toronto, but salaries in the MLS is not even near the fairy-tale offer he got from Start estimated to be somewhere between $350.000-$500.000. The "Beckham rule" might be the way to go for Toronto if they want to sign him.

Otherwise, Patrice will report back to Tromsø in January for pre-season training.

According to Norwegian media reports today, Trelleborg have made an offer to buy Stephen Ademolu from Tromsø. A previous offer was made last week, but Tromsø rejected it out of hand. This second offer is assumed to be substatially higher and Tromsø are considering it.

I know Ademolu has ties to Trelleborg, having played there before, but of the 3 scandinavian leagues the Swedish is definitely the weakest and this would be at best a lateral career move for him.

According to Norwegian media reports today, Trelleborg have made an offer to buy Stephen Ademolu from Tromsø. A previous offer was made last week, but Tromsø rejected it out of hand. This second offer is assumed to be substatially higher and Tromsø are considering it.

I know Ademolu has ties to Trelleborg, having played there before, but of the 3 scandinavian leagues the Swedish is definitely the weakest and this would be at best a lateral career move for him.

Archived