Paul Stalteri's Future

JamesW

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

Like I said, there can be no argument when it comes to the horrible quality of some of the MLS facilities. I really can't believe how little emphasis the league appears to place on making sure the stadiums their teams play in actually look like soccer facilities on game day.

However, when I watch games played by the upper echelon teams played in decent stadiums, the quality of play is good / very good and it feels like a soccer match should feel. Obviously, BMO is an excellent soccer facility, Toyota Park is great, as is the "Dick" in Colorado, Home Depot Center in LA and Pizza Hut Park in Dallas. Robertson stadium in Houston is ok for most of the season until pointy ball season kicks off. RFK I have no problem with, especially now that the baseball team has moved out. Sadly, that is only about 1/2 the stadiums in the league. However, in the next 1-2 seasons, that situation should improve significantly when Salt Lake get their new facility and Red Bulls finally get theirs.

Again, I can't dispute the stadium difficiencies in MLS but when it comes to Paul Staltieri's future, I'd still rather see him playing at a relatively high level every week than rotting on Spurs' bench. I'm sure its a matter of the money is too good in England for him to consider moving...plus life in London can be very attractive.

i agree...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived