Nate Jaqua Update

Bill Ault

Courtesy of Yanks Abroad -

According to his agent, recent Toronto FC catch Nate Jaqua will head to Europe this weekend to explore three options in three different countries.

The versatile forward was recently acquired from the Chicago Fire in the 2006 MLS Expansion Draft, but a move overseas may be the primary objective for the budding star.

Full Story at www.canadakicks.com courtesy of Yanks Abroad

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

Very interesting considering he said he didn't want to play in Toronto because he wanted to return to California. If I were Toronto I'd demand as much as possible in compensation.

I think Toronto FC was aware of Jacqua's wish to try Europe this off-season before selecting him in the Exapansion Draft.

quote:Originally posted by Metro

I think Toronto FC was aware of Jacqua's wish to try Europe this off-season before selecting him in the Exapansion Draft.

They definitely were aware of this but Mo took a chance believeing he could convince Jaqua to come to Toronto. They do retain his MLS rights so if Europe did not work out they would still have first crack.

• 2 weeks later...

Jacqua was traded to LA Galaxy for yet another allocation.

Mo now has a lot of money to bring in some higher profile players and he apparently has mentioned bringing home a Canuck playing in Europe (but not Radz or Atiba). Who? Bernier? Hume? I have no idea but I am sure we could conjur up some rumors if we put our minds to it

Stalteri has a contract with Spurs until 2009. Highly doubt he'd leave for Toronto for a few years yet. Perhaps if his wife absolutely loathed London and really wanted to be back with family and friends, he might try to move but it really doesn't seem to be an option right now. Would Toronto FC use the Beckham rule to splash the cash for Paul? Doubtful.

Archived