Mo Johnson Interview Sutton Deal Near

Grizzly

quote:Originally posted by Jamit

What else is he going to say? But yeah, it is a great show.

Mo Johnson seems pretty honest in his interviews and not afraid to express his opinion. I think if things weren't going well in the negotiations he would say some along the lines that we are having trouble coming to an agreement. Based on past interviews with Johnson if he is saying that Saputo is wonderful to deal with I take him at his word.

Very interesting show as far as I'm concearned. Missed it previously.

Still no Sutton announcement but an announcement could (hopefully) just be a question of media timing.

Seems like friendly matchs, and their gate revenue, have become part of the transfer fees for players/coachs in Canada. Not a bad thing, eh?

Oooh. Bob got a full broadside in on Even, and the CSA in general once or twice there. Ha, got to love this guy even if you disagree. Great fun.

Very good show and this one at least, a required listen for all Voyageurs who've got 3/4s of an hour to spare.

P.S. No commercials.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Still no Sutton announcement but an announcement could (hopefully) just be a question of media timing.

Impact have made an announcement - www.canadakicks.com

Just a little addition-

Spokesmen for Toronto FC said the club would have no comment on the story today but a press conference is being scheduled, likely on Friday, to announce a player signing.

This from one of the forums of the online soccer management game hattrick.org:

quote:A personal friend of mine, who is related to Greg, has just informed me that Toronto FC have just signed him, and he will becoming to Toronto on Thursday for a press conference, and may well be part of the pub crawl at Scallywag's, Thursday night!!!

Remember where you heard it first!!!!!

It's official:

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20061201&content_id=79706&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

Goalkeeper Sutton joins Toronto FC

Canadian international makes move to MLS

Toronto FC Media Relations

Toronto FC announced Friday that they have signed Canadian International Goalkeeper Greg Sutton to a multi year contract. Per team policy, financial details were not disclosed.

Sutton, 6 foot 6, 210 pounds is a native of Montreal, Quebec and heads to Major League Soccer from the United Soccer League's Montreal Impact.

He was the starting goalkeeper when the Impact won the 2004 league championship, beating the Seattle Sounders. That year, he was named league MVP and the club's Defensive Player of the Year.

Sutton, 29, was picked on the first All-League team for four straight years (2003 to 2006). He holds the club record for all-time regular-season career shutouts (67), wins (72), games played (132) and minutes played (12,309).

He made his Canadian National Team debut January 18, 2004 vs Barbados. Some of his National team highlights include:

Played all three games at the 2005 CONCACAF Gold Cup

Earned second senior cap and shutout versus Northern Ireland February 9, 2005; and

Invited to the Men's World Cup Team Development Camp in July 2004 and played against Hearts in a 1-1 draw.

Toronto FC is Major League Soccer's 13th team, and begins play in April of 2007 at the new BMO Field at Exhibition Stadium.

Greg Sutton

Position: Goalkeeper

Height: 6-6 Weight: 210

Birthdate: April 19, 1977

Hometown: Montreal, QC

Last Club: Montreal Impact (USL)

Archived