Jump to content

Kevan Pipe fired !!!


Bxl Boy
 Share

Recommended Posts

quote:Originally posted by masster

The weird thing is he is let go know when it finally looks as though he was getting some things done.

That's the irony of it all. Finally got the new stadium, WYC, MLS. And he gets fired now. Is that smoke I smell?

And yeah, I also thought this was a late April fools joke when I saw the title. Who knew, it's an early Christmas present.

The CSA should go after CFL commissioner Tom Wright who is stepping down at the end of the year. He seems to be liked by most media people, he has done an amazing job with CFL corporate sponsorships, I think he used to be the CEO of Adidas Canada. He's exactly what the CSA needs on the business side of things.

Now, lets start the speculation and conspiracy theories. Lets take a break from all the intelligent talk that is the usual course around here.

Kerfoot's name gets sort of dragged through the mud for really no reason with the women's team fiasco. He's spent a ton of money on soccer, that's not only a benefit to Vancouver and BC, but to all of Canadian soccer. Yet he comes out looking he had ulterior motives for his own personal gains. Maybe Pipe finally pissed off the wrong person. Kerfoot could have easily told the CSA he would pull all funding if they don't do something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:Originally posted by Elias

Kerfoot's name gets sort of dragged through the mud for really no reason with the women's team fiasco. He's spent a ton of money on soccer, that's not only a benefit to Vancouver and BC, but to all of Canadian soccer. Yet he comes out looking he had ulterior motives for his own personal gains. Maybe Pipe finally pissed off the wrong person. Kerfoot could have easily told the CSA he would pull all funding if they don't do something.

This possibility crossed my mind as well. Let's hope that whoever the power base in the CSA currently is that they are finally knowledgeable soccer fans instead of bureaucrats more interested in politics than soccer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank Facking God! Yahoo! Mercy! Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Hey Hey Hey, Good Facking Bye! The "Black Bile" is finally gone. This is the happiest and bestest day for Canadian soccer in the last 21 years. Rot In Hell, you Facking piece of Zhit! Yeah, bring it on Rudi & Dick. No more trolling!:D:D:D Oh wow yeah. This is too good. I feel so good right now, I'm willing to celebrate by betting anyone $1,000 right now that Canada will qualify for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Robert: that was completely uncalled for.

This is certainly a decision I'm glad the CSA has made. Now the true test of success - can a new CEO/COO turn our program into a positive, forward thinking, winning one. IF they cannot, then we must look at the board and lack of corporate sponsors/funds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quote:Originally posted by Elias

The CSA should go after CFL commissioner Tom Wright who is stepping down at the end of the year. He seems to be liked by most media people, he has done an amazing job with CFL corporate sponsorships, I think he used to be the CEO of Adidas Canada. He's exactly what the CSA needs on the business side of things.

Tom Wright would be a good choice. Former CFL commisioner Michael Lysko would also be a good choice. I doubt Soccer Canada could afford either though.

And today happens to be my birthday. Thank you CSA! :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quote:Originally posted by analyst

verrrrrrry interesting.

If Linford has cause to fire him now, then why didn't Andy Sharpe and Jim Fleming do it earlier?

I'd guess something had changed fairly recently which allowed Linford to lobby board support for the move.

The WNT rubbish may be part of it. But MLS Toronto may be another part as well. Who knows? A little vengence maybe?

It was time for a new direction a decade ago and maybe the light of the odvious, having a leader who can't or won't lead, was just too brilliant to ignore any longer.

On the subject of revenge good Gawd, I can just imagine the severance package...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quote:Originally posted by Robert

Thank Facking God! Yahoo! Mercy! Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Hey Hey Hey, Good Facking Bye! The "Black Bile" is finally gone. This is the happiest and bestest day for Canadian soccer in the last 21 years. Rot In Hell, you Facking piece of Zhit! Yeah, bring it on Rudi & Dick. No more trolling!:D:D:D Oh wow yeah. This is too good. I feel so good right now, I'm willing to celebrate by betting anyone $1,000 right now that Canada will qualify for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

funniest post ever. the coyote has finally gotten the better of the roadrunner. historic.

does anyone know anything about pipe? who was this guy before his time with the CSA and what were/are his credentials to run canadian soccer?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I saw the news on the ticker on The Score this morning out of the corner of my eye and almost dropped my plate of waffles, I was so surprised.:D ...just amazing.

Irregardless of what he has done right or wrong, this change was needed big time. I think Linford hit the nail on the head when he said "somsone who could get the CSA in with Corporate Canada." Thats exactly what we need to get the game, already widley in the publics lifes, up into the proper level withing the games mainstream, like it is around the world.

Brining the game into the main stream is what the Americans did to mark their turn around in the worlds eyes (even if the process is still going).

Canada and the USA have huge soccer potential, we just need the right people at the helm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, here's hoping that the CSA can make the most of this opportunity. Judging by the empty positions that need to be filled, it looks like there is a complete overhaul of the CSA happening, and I think that that is a good thing. Things were getting stale.

So what is the time frame? One would think that by January we can have these positions filled (including the National Team Coach) which will give the new team lots of time to get settled, and we can get this country to South Africa. In my opinion, this is timed well.

And with a new logo coming out soon (is that still happening?)it looks like we are witnessing a totally fresh and new CSA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...