Is JDG still an automatic starter?

Daniel

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Let's try to keep things on topic.

I'll be curious to see what lineup is called for Hungary. MLS Cup is November 12th (a Saturday) and we play on Wednesday the 16th. Hopefully we'll have all our MLS guys to see a A- lineup (missing a few players like Brennan and Braz).

We play on the 15th.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Let's try to keep things on topic.

I'll be curious to see what lineup is called for Hungary. MLS Cup is November 12th (a Saturday) and we play on Wednesday the 16th. Hopefully we'll have all our MLS guys to see a A- lineup (missing a few players like Brennan and Braz).

We play on the 15th.

• 3 weeks later...
quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Meaning in the holding position you would opt for Serioux I think, as he has the vigor, does not get intimidated, handles the air, has good condition. And let the other two go forwards a bit more

Here is one recent opinion of Serioux's performance as a defensive midfielder:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=392513&root=mls&cc=5901

"Now he (Serioux) finds himself heading to a club that is just as far from home as previous employers Houston. Not only that but FC Dallas has plenty of competent players, both at defensive midfield, as well as in the center of defense. Is Serioux really a better option than the likes of Simo Valakari, Greg Vanney, or Drew Moor? Given his penchant for getting caught in possession of the ball, it would appear not."

Archived